Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Radiation 2012/6/25 01:10
Hi,

This mid Aug will be my first time to Osaka.
May I know whether Osaka,Kyoto,Tokyo is safe from radiation?
I has been advised by fren to cancel my trip...
by kc2012  

Re: Radiation 2012/6/25 06:52
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Radiation 2012/6/25 23:48
Hello.

I'm a person living in Japan.
People around you told you wrong information.

Visit Japan and watch it with your eyes. Everyone here in Japan are really disappointed to see that so many wrong rumors based on irresponsible news sources are spreading around the world.

The only point you should remember is that there could be (electricity) blackout for a short time (2 or 3 hours per several days or per one week) only in a specified area of Osaka and Kobe in mid-summer because almost all nuclear power stations across Japan are now shut down due to their regular maintenance (they can not be restarted easily because of the nationwide growing concern with their safety).

In the Tokyo area, it is said that there will be NO blackout even in mid-summer, so if you visit Tokyo and Yokohama, you don't have to worry about blackout at all.

As for my personal life, fortunately, I have never seen any blackout here (I live in a small city near Tokyo).

Anyway, don't take everything serious. People and TV media always describe something with exaggeration.

by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: Radiation 2012/6/26 20:13
Hi,
Appreciate both of your information.
by kc2012 rate this post as useful

Re: Radiation 2012/6/26 20:14
As a few reactors will be restarted shortly, the summer blackouts should't be too bad. However, unlike last year the power situation is critical all over Japan now (as nuclear reactors are shut down across the nation).

As for radiation, even if you stand next to the exclusion zone around Fukushima I for days, you'll get more exposure from the plane trip.
by hawkeye63 rate this post as useful

Re: Radiation 2012/6/26 20:15
Hi,
Appreciate both of your information.
by kc2012 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread