Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

education in japan (right brain education) 2012/6/30 14:26
I recently interest in right brain education .I hear this method is common in Japan .I want to know is it right that there are many right brain school in Japan? And do the y teach the child from 0-6 years old?
I read some books from Makato Shichida and I want to find the persons that learn with this method and ask them about their experience
Thanks for your help

by yasi (guest)  

Re: education in japan (right brain education) 2012/7/1 15:10
Yasi,

I hear this method is common in Japan

Not really.

I want to know is it right that there are many right brain school in Japan?

No.

And do the y teach the child from 0-6 years old?
I read some books from Makato Shichida and I want to find the persons that learn with this method and ask them about their experience

You're probably talking about this organization.
http://www.shichida.ne.jp/index.html

As written on their official website, they seem to teach children 0 to 6 years old and they seem to have classes all over Japan.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: education in japan (right brain education) 2012/7/1 15:58
The method is not particularly common in Japan. I'd never heard of it, so had to look it up (out of curiosity).

This is for infants 0 to 6, or even for elementary school aged kids as well. And it is not an "official" school, so with babies, mothers purchase their "educational kits" and train at home, and when it gets to elementary school age, you send your kids to private classes/tutor lessons once a week or something like that, outside the regular school.

If you look up with "Makoto Shichida," you will bump into their page talking about their Singapore school in English.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: education in japan (right brain education) 2012/7/1 16:48
Hi, yasi.

I'm a native Japanese.

Someone told you wrong information.
Right brain education is NOT popular in Japan. Basically, it is an idea originating from US Nobel Prize Winner Dr. Roger Wolcott Sperry, not an idea created in Japan.

The doctor's idea has been spreading in Japan as another exaggerated (somewhat distorted) meaning, and generally taken as something vulgar and unreliable (vulgar belief).

Some organizations are criticized here because they have a large-scale campaign to raise illegal money by promoting right brain education.

Anyway, be careful with unreliable news source.
by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: education in japan (right brain education) 2012/7/2 14:04
tanks for your help.
in these book talk about ESP(Extra Sensory Perception) do you know any thing about it and teach to baby?
by yasi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread