Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/7/11 00:42
I'm around 161 - 162 cm. Will I be tall in Japan? (I'm a girl). Or will I be average?
by Ys. (guest)  

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/7/11 08:10
You will be about average maybe just a couple of cm's taller but not tall.
by LB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/7/11 13:02
with all the girls wearing 10cm heels you may actually feel short walking around in tokyo
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/7/11 16:52
Hello

As pointed out above, your stature is about the same as that of typical young Japanese girls.

But, as written above, you will look to be shorter than them because most young Japanese girls are wearing fashionable tall high heels.

By the way, my stature is 168cm, but I'm several centimeters shorter than young males typically seen here in Japan.
by dosanko100 rate this post as useful

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/7/11 19:58
I am around 190 cm - and I didn't even feel tall in Japan. Even at that height you don't tend to 'tower' over everyone. I only felt ever so slightly taller than others but that is about all. Maybe i the end it comes down to perception and one's own level of self-consciousness.
by Tim desu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/10/2 17:33
Average height in Japan as of 2011 is 1.70cm (5ft 8) for males and 1.58 cm (5ft 2) for women. as per government census.

Any taller than that and you can technically be considered tall but do not be suprised to see people taller than you at the subway station.
by Akuji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Height in Japan? Will I be tall? 2012/10/3 19:04
I'm about 177cm (under 178, but over 177). I've only ever come across some guys slightly taller than me. Women, with the exception of a cab driver I came across when I lived in Yamagata City a couple of years ago (and yes, she was so happy to see a woman her height) and one of the mothers of one of the students at the Kindergarten I work mornings at, I've never come across any woman my height or taller.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread