Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Government support for buses to go green? 2012/7/18 19:39
I have another question on Tokyo buses. From what I have so far, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government provide a support system to bus companies to provide an incentive for them to change to green/environmentally-friendly buses. I would want to know the figures of this support system. For example, what is the percentage the government would pay as a subsidy for a bus company to get a new (say USD10 million)bus? What are the tax cuts? And how much loan would the government give to these companies?

Thank You.
by Jon (guest)  

Re: Government support for buses to go green? 2012/7/21 09:40
It is complicated to explain.
The subsidy from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is an addition to the subsidy from the National Government.
The subsidy from the National Government is one third of the price difference between an ordinary bus and a low-pollution bus. In case a used bus is replaced, the subsidy is a half of the price difference.
The subsidy from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is a half of the above balance, up to 2,500 thousand yen.
by Shiro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread