Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sanyo/Panasonic Gopan machine 2012/7/18 22:38
Hi All,
I'm toying with the idea of getting a Gopan in my upcoming trip to Hokkaido this summer. I have some questions that I hope can be answered.

1. What is the retail price of a Gopan in Japan(yen)? Is it a fixed price?
2. Are there still Sanyo made Gopan being sold? Or only the Panasonic Gopan is sold now.
3. Where can I buy a Gopan? Besides Hokkaido, I will have a 8-hr transit in Tokyo on my return flight.
4. Is there an option for international usage. My country uses 240V or would I need to use a step-down transformer for it.

Thanks in advance!
by hushpuppies  

Re: Sanyo/Panasonic Gopan machine 2012/7/22 17:03
Anyone able to help?
by hushpuppies rate this post as useful

Re: Sanyo/Panasonic Gopan machine 2012/7/22 19:48
1. I know (when it came out) it was close to 50,000 yen or so, though there are different models.
2. Sanyo now belongs to Panasonic, so any new products would have the Panasonic brand, I assume.
3. Would you have some time to look at electronic/appliance shop somewhere in town?
4. I cannot find anything about it - so most likely you need a step-down transformer.
I read somewhere that it was exhibited at an international trade show in Malaysia and drew some interest. I wonder if it might be available anywhere in Singapore? You would need wheat gluten and dry yeast on top of rice to make the rice bread, by the way.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sanyo/Panasonic Gopan machine 2012/7/23 09:56
1. What is the retail price of a Gopan in Japan(yen)? Is it a fixed price?

Its about 30,000 yen online, or more retail.

2. Are there still Sanyo made Gopan being sold? Or only the Panasonic Gopan is sold now.

You can find old stock Sanyo machines, but I think they are now all panasonic branded.

3. Where can I buy a Gopan? Besides Hokkaido, I will have a 8-hr transit in Tokyo on my return flight.

Most electronics stores will carry them. Try the big bic camera in Sapporo.

4. Is there an option for international usage. My country uses 240V or would I need to use a step-down transformer for it.

You will need a step down transformer.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread