Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/24 13:11
My bestfriend and I are going on a trip to Japan soon and we are already making our list. We wanted to try all the possible Japanese Resto we could and someone suggested an Izakaya type. Can you give me a list of Izakaya in tokyo that we can go. Probably those who can accommodate tourist, I mean they can at least speak a little English or an English menu.

Thanks.
by nesxia  

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/24 16:30
Here's a short list of izakaya: http://www.bento.com/r-jap.html#izakaya

Of course there are tens of thousands more to choose from. Were you specifically looking for someplace with buffet service and open bar? (I.e. all you can eat and drink.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/25 21:05
Most (but not all) izakaya have a photo menu so ordering is easy even with no nihongo.

For somewhere where at least the owner speaks English, try Andy's in Shin Himamoto, under Yurakucho station.
http://tokyoplaying.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/tokyo-food-shin-hinomoto-an...

Seriously though, there are, as Umami says, thousands and thousands of izakaya in Tokyo so your question is almost impossible to answer because I can guarantee that if you asked 100 different people, you'd get 100 different answers...

What sort of budget do you have per person?
by mucho gusto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/26 01:21
Well not more than 4000 yen if possible. not really a buffet but like in those simple place in the movies or animes. My bestfriend wants some place where we can atleast interact with people. Not a very stiff place. and Yeah eat and drink all you can.

Thanks!
by nesxia rate this post as useful

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/26 01:51
you'd be unlucky to find a 'stiff' izakaya - they're all pretty free n easy.

there's a regular food coupon magazine called Hot Pepper that you should grab a copy of as it'll a) give you discount coupons and b) offer lots of ideas for the sort of places you're after.

here are 166 results when searching for izakaya offering tabe/nomi houdai under 5000 :
http://www.hotpepper.jp/CSP/psh020/doStore?FCS=U002&FCS=U003&SA=SA11&G...

by Warren Buffet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/26 01:53
meant to add... click on the blue links to be shown details for each restaurant. I appreciate that maybe you can't read what's written but the photos should give you a pretty good idea what each place is offering.
by Warren Buffet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Izakaya in Tokyo Eat/Drink all you can 2012/7/26 02:01
Thanks for answering my post! We're very excited to go there. Although it's still a little early but i want to prepare everything. My friend is a worry freak so in any case I have to plan well but we do love adventures.

Thanks. Again
by nesxia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread