Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/7/31 10:38
Hi,

This will be my first time in Kyoto. Unfortunately, I am going there on business and will not be able to enjoy the sights at my leisure. However, if I can take in some scenery AND squeeze in my marathon training at the same time, I think that would be ideal.

My itinerary is as follows.
6th August: Check in at Kyoto Century Hotel ~2330HRS. No intentions to do anything much but sleep

7th August I have the following options:
1. Wake up at 5am for 10km run. If so, what kinda rough route would you recommend? Doesn't matter if it's less than 10km.

2. Run after the business meeting and entertainment etc. I don't know how late it'd be nor know whether I'd have the energy. Appreciate it if anyone can recommend a ~6km route.

8th August:
11am flight departing from KIX. No time for anything.
by hitori  

Re: Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/7/31 11:52
If you're a serious runner, go to Fushimi Inari and do the whole loop--lots and lots of stairs. Fushimi Inari is one of the most majestic places in Kyoto.

Kyoto in August is extremely hot and humid. It's hard to do 10k even if you're in a great shape. Best time is early in the morning.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/7/31 12:17
Thanks for the suggestion and reminder!

Would you happen to know a flatter scenic route? It'd be great if I can get myself up and awake for a early morning run, though.

I'm from Singapore and nights are close to 28 degrees celcius at ~70% relative humidity (ie. I am used to hot an humid).
by hitori rate this post as useful

... 2012/7/31 12:31
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/7/31 14:53
Thanks for the links! Very helpful info. I wonder how I managed to miss the other thread.

Kamogawa is just ~500m away from my accomodation. Any recommendations on heading northwards or southwards anyone? I'm more inclined to go northwards right now.
by hitori rate this post as useful

... 2012/7/31 15:02
No worries!

North looks good to me too.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/8/5 08:07
Kamogawa is goo. Definitely head north. When you come to a fork, go left.

Re: Running in Kyoto on Business Trip 2012/8/5 08:08
Kamogawa is good :-)

reply to this thread