Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/7/31 23:34
Hi may I know are there any places where there is a wide range of watches to choose from, like casio, seiko etc. And it is cheaper than normal retailers are selling at. Thank you!!
by bobyeox  

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/1 09:35
Check the watch & jewelry section of large electronics retailers like Bic Camera :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/1 16:26
Hi thanks for your reply. But are there any specific shops there that is famous?
by bobyeox rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/1 17:26
There are many branches, and all have a wide selection. Which area of Tokyo are you going to be in?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/1 19:15
Throughout my whole 7days I will only be exploring tyoko. So as long as the shop is in tyoko it is fine to me

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/1 19:47
i don't recommend going to bic camera or yodobashi for watch shopping, you'll be ripped off

i recommend taking a walk through akihabara electric town and ameyoko in ueno.

for japanese brands those will be the best areas with the best prices.

if you want luxury brands, ginza, akihabara, shinjuku or shibuya will have them but they'll be at full retail price.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/2 08:03
Go to Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara. They have millions of selections at reasonable prices.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/3 07:50
"i don't recommend going to bic camera or yodobashi for watch shopping, you'll be ripped off"

This is total BS. In what way would they "rip you off"?

by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/3 09:37
i don't recommend going to bic camera or yodobashi for watch shopping, you'll be ripped off

That hasn't been my experience. I shopped around quite a bit for my seiko watch, and eventually bought it at Akihabara Yodobashi Camera. They have a good selection and the price was a little bit cheaper there than anywhere else I looked (including around Akihabara and Kakaku), which usually isn't the case. It doesn't hurt to shop around, but I don't think you need to worry about being ripped off at the big chain stores. Just consider them the baseline, and try to find cheaper from there.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Places to shop for watches in Tokyo 2012/8/3 13:50
May I know if the prices at DFS Haneda airport is cheaper or the prices at Akihabara electronic area cheaper? I'm looking into Automatic watches maybe from seiko brand. Please advice me thanks!!

reply to this thread