Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Real authentic Sichuan restaurants 2012/8/8 01:43
Seriously....I want a place that has legit authentic Sichuan cuisine...not Japanese version lol which is good in it's own right but is not really what I want. Anyone know of any authentic Szechuan restaurants? Ikebukuro, shinjuku...or nearby? I especially want dan dan noodles...like..not dan dan inspired ramen soup lol
by Freedom Fighter  

Re: Real authentic Sichuan restaurants 2012/8/8 13:12
I like Bankashien in Yotsuya and Ryumon in Gotanda. Ryu no Ko in Harajuku has decent tantanmen.
http://www.bento.com/r-chinese.html
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real authentic Sichuan restaurants 2012/8/8 15:18
http://www.bento.com/rev/2828.html

There are a number of this Xi'an chain - excellent food. IMO Nishi Shinjuku is the best of them. I know Xi'an isn't in Sichuan but there is plenty of authentic western Chinese.

I've been here several times with mainland Chinese friends who love it.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real authentic Sichuan restaurants 2012/8/14 16:05
chukagai will be a good choice for authentic all over Chinese cuisine. Most of the owners and chefs are directly from the different provinces. We are always surprised each time we visited-just look at alley outlets with really great Chinese dishes.

the main drag frequently displays popular Peking duck, dumplings and dimsum varieties, roasted ribs etc compared to authentic stuff -the alley picks are fabulous----.
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: Real authentic Sichuan restaurants 2012/8/14 17:16
There are good Chinese restaurants in Tokyo. There's no need to go to a different city, an hour away, and wander around mediocre tourist-trap restaurants before picking someplace at random, as you suggest.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread