Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 05:20
My 16 year old son is traveling to Misawa to visit his brother in the Air Force. He got in on Friday evening and was supposed to be in Hachinohe on Friday night. But he never showed up at the train station to be picked up. We have no way to get a hold of him and we are very worried. Not sure where he is. Don't know if he will be on the next train possible to Hachinohe to get picked up. Please give us any information for the Tokyo train station. Thank you! Helpless in Colorado
by Debbie (guest)  

Re: Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 07:00
Formal procedure is to contact to the police station and register "missing child " there. I wonder if your boy can ask any person around him for assistance .
by ccc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 07:11
Anyway, more information as to from where he started and which train he originally planes to ride is needed to search for him.

Re: Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 08:23
He was going to take the narita express, to the tokyo station, the jr east. From there go to Hachinohe where his brother would pick him up.
by debbie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 14:15
JR East Infoline
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/customer_support/index.html

Again, it's NOT JR East's business if you can't prove he is somewhere in the train station or on the train.

You bigger son should consult Aomori pref, Police if you think you need
http://www.police.pref.aomori.jp/english/english/consult.html

Re: Number to the Tokyo train station? 2012/8/11 14:32
The slightest possible mistake I think of is getting on a Komachi portion of a Hayate-Komachi combined train, but a conductor can easily find it because all the seats require reservation.

If he was aware that he would take a Tohoku Shinkansen Hayate or Hayabusa, then he is likely to have reached Tohoku Region.

If he was not, then maybe he took a wrong train on Tohoku / Jo'etsu / Nagano Shinkansen of JR-East or, in the worst possible case, he entered JR-Central and took a wrong train on Tokaido Shinkansen.

In any case, if he has told a railroad attendant that his destination was Hachinohe, then he can get there soon, I suppose.

By the way, was he going to use a JR East Pass / a Japan Rail Pass?

Good luck!

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

... 2012/8/11 22:58
He got in on Friday evening and was supposed to be in Hachinohe on Friday night

I hope you have managed to locate him by now, but what time did his flight arrive? You mentioned "evening" which makes things more complex.

Looking at the train schedules the last Narita Express to make the Shinkansen connection leaves Narita Airport at 6:48pm. If his flight landed any later than 6:00pm it would have been easy to miss this one I think. After that there would be no option but to wait until the following day.

by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread