Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 10:54
Hi, we are travelling to Japan in October, looking for ideas for our planned kushiyaki and sake bar.
In particular, we need to find restaurant equipment showrooms or trade shows where we can see a range of kushiyaki (yakitori) grills and other equipment necessary for such a restaurant.
We are flying to Tokyo but will also be travelling to Osaka, and can travel outside of main cities.
Thanks!
by PlanJapan  

... 2012/8/14 11:47
I'm sure even if you don't quite find what you are looking for that you would enjoy a visit to Kappabashi Street in Tokyo:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3020.html

I am pretty sure you should find a variety of grills there along with many other useful items for your restaurant/bar.

Let us know when you open!

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 12:00
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 13:16
Thanks guys, will check links out, what an amazing speed of replies, and I've been waiting for a week for any response from my local Jetro!
by PlanJapan rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 17:15
Welcome to KappaBashi!
You can walk from Asakusa, but TawaraMachi station on Toei-Asakusa line is the most near by.
BTW, many stores are opened at 9-17 on weekday, i.e. many stores are closed on weekend.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 17:22
many stores are closed on weekend.

The official Kappabashi website says that 90% of the shops are open on Saturdays, and about 30% on Sundays.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 17:30
This Kappabashi idea is awesome, thanks guys. I checked online and there is definitely stores selling kushiyaki grills.
I should brush up on my restaurant vocabulary, as I will need to be able to explain what I am trying to achieve! I wonder if anyone knows if those guys can help export/deliver to Australia?

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 19:15
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/14 19:45
If you're opening a sake bar, you'll have a business relationship with one or more sake importers. Sake importers regularly ship containers from Japan to your country, so they might be able to help you with shipping your equipment.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Restaurant equipment showroom/trade shows ? 2012/8/16 09:45
Umami Dearest, that is interesting, to be honest, we wanted, in time, to establish exclusive relationships with some sake producers rather than but what's already imported into Australia - we plan a few tours of breweries....I guess these days one can ship anything they like, I better check out some shipping companies!

reply to this thread