Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How many wifi iPads could I buy in japan? 2012/8/17 23:43
Some friends of mine order me 4 iPads from my next trip to Japan. Are there any problem with customs?
We want to buy a camera and some gadgets from japan, Are there any limits of products or money?

Thank you very much.
by Pablo (guest)  

... 2012/8/18 11:08
Usually the limits apply to the country you are returning to, not the country where you purchased the goods. So, check the Customs rules for your home country.

If you bring cash into Japan usually there is a 1,000,000 yen limit before you have to declare it. Of course, most people use credit/debit cards and don't carry that much cash.

Enjoy your shopping trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: How many wifi iPads could I buy in japan? 2012/8/19 21:12
it will depend on your country, but usually the tax free limit is not very high - probably about the same as one ipad! You will then have to pay tax on everything - if you declare it.

With the strong yen, prices in japan are pretty high to begin with and the items you want will not be much more expensive if any than were you come from.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How many wifi iPads could I buy in japan? 2012/8/20 12:02
Any Apple products are expensive in Japan (iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac).

Other brands can be cheaper. e.g. LG optimus Pad 20,000 yen, with 3G.
by SandyS (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread