Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/8/20 15:38
I'll be visiting Japan soon and I was planning to attend a baseball game. I've decided on the Hanshin Tigers vs Hiroshima Carp at Koshien Stadium. I would normally purchase tickets from a convenience store upon arrival, but I'm thinking this one will be a hot ticket considering the teams and since it's on the weekend. I was wondering if there is a reputable website to purchase tickets online (preferably in English)? Thanks.
by Smithers  

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/8/21 19:53
Smithers, I think you will be fine buying tickets from Lawson when you get there as the game is not as big as you may think. A Giants Vs. Tigers game is the much bigger, and given the relatively low position of Hanshin at the moment, there should be seats available.

Never the less, from looking at the Hanshin ticket page, there are still seats for sale:
http://hanshintigers.jp/ticket/koshien/vacantseat09.html

via the Lawson page:

http://l-tike.com/d1/AA02G03F1.do?DBNID=3&ALCD=1&PGCD=54559

Alternatively, you can use Japanball, but they are a little more expensive. Great service though!
http://www.japanballtickets.com/baseball_tickets.html

Hope this helps and you are able to get great seats!
by Sano Izumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/8/24 02:14
Hi Sano Izumi,

Thanks for the info. I should have checked their record before posting. That's a good point. I'm hoping to sit in the outfield cheering section, so hopefully I can still find a pair of seats together if I purchase from Lawson. Do you happen to know if the Tigers fans still blow balloons up and let them go during the 7th inning? I heard they stopped for a while in 2010 due to a health scare and I'm not sure if they've started again. Also, do you know if Carp fans do their balloon tradition at opposing stadiums, too?
by Smithers rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/8/24 10:03
Howdy Smithers,
No problems with the help. Despite their low position in the standings, I'm sure there will be a large crowd =)

I'm not quite sure about the avaliability of bleacher seats, you may need to ask the Lawson attendant to see if they assist you in designating "Gaiyaseki" seats.

As for the balloons, they are still being blown up and released during the 7th inning stretch. I was streaming the Tigers Vs. Dragons game last night (played at Kurashiki) and the crowd still released them.
Additionally, this was taken a month ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlDSNLUXzqk
I don't think Carp fans will do their own Balloon release. It is traditionally a homestand event, but I would assume that Carp fans will release their balloons at the same time.

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/8/24 16:19
That's good news! I hope to make it out there while I'm in Japan. That video is probably the best I've seen of the balloon release. I was not aware that they do this in other areas of the stadium. I thought it was only an outfield thing...

Thanks again for the useful info!
by Smithers rate this post as useful

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/9/2 20:17
Hey Smithers,
Just streaming todays Tigers Vs. Carp game at the moment. Thankfully I just caught the last out at the top of the 7th, so I was able to view the balloon release :)
Hope you were able to get some great seats and are enjoying the game. Today's game looks especially amazing given they are wearing their throwback uniforms.

Re: Hanshin Tigers Tickets (Koshien Stadium) 2012/9/11 12:48
Sano Izumi,

I actually haven't gone yet... the game I'm planning to attend is later on. ;)
by Smithers (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread