Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to make a Japanese drama? Friend's idea 2012/8/23 15:24
Hey all.

Okay so my friend *who currently lives in Japan* is fresh out of college. She loves to write, and is interested in becoming a writer for a Japanese drama. She's half Japanese *so she can speak the language pretty well* But she was wondering how she would submit an idea to a company to make a Japanese drama. She currently has a story, and is working on the script. Does she just send in her script to companies, or does she have to have certain connections and stuff? I told her it may be hard to be able to do something such as become a writer for dramas, but she's confident -___-;;

So is there some sort of way to become a writer, OR submit your idea to companies? I don't know if this is a silly question or not, but my friend is really looking forward to it.
She's been asking around, so I decided to see if there was anything I could find that would help ^^;

Thank youuuu
by KikiJP  

Re: How to make a Japanese drama? Friend's idea 2012/8/26 03:11
Probably, one of the easiest way to do it is to look out for open competitions. Meanwhile she might want to look into taking lessons by searching keywords like 脚本 講座.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to make a Japanese drama? Friend's idea 2012/9/1 15:47
Like Uco said, trying out competitions is the best way for newbs to get noticed.

TV in Japan is a dying media and the ratings for drama are significantly down in a decade. Young people don't watch tv anymore.

The tv production companies don't have enough budgets to create quality dramas, and if they make one, it is in many cases based on anime or bestselling books so they can count on fans to watch. It's pathetic that even NHK is importing low quality drama from Korea. It simply isn't a good business to go into.

by jomonstrider rate this post as useful

reply to this thread