Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/26 23:59
I read on the internet that they sell yukata at Uniqulo, but I went to a few stores and couldn't find anything. Only certain stores have them? If yes, do you know which?

I really need to buy a cheap yukata this week but can't go to Asakusa...I need to find a place closer, like Ikebukuro ( but went there already and found only expensive stuff )
by Cris (guest)  

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 07:57
The only Uniqlo I found yukata at was the one at Narita.
by kbrookej rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 11:20
Have you tried looking around Harajuku? I know that Chicago (secondhand store) sells them and there was also a place across the street on the corner that was selling a bunch of secondhand yukata, etc. Both tend to be reasonable. (^^)b

Granted, the last time that I was in that area was about a month ago, so I don't know if either still has yukata inventory. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
by Kitt86 rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 13:07
Not all shops carry yukata, only the bigger ones, but if you went in the last week or so then it was because basically the season is over and autumn styles are in the stores now.

As above, the airport seems to carry them year-round though.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 15:28
Oh, so you think I can 100% trust buying it at Narita?
by Cris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 15:33
I wouldn't. They don't always have them when I've passed through and the selection was extremely hit or miss when they were in stock.

Where exactly do you live? Some of the department stores must still have a few yukata on clearance at this point. Have you looked at places other than Uniqlo?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 16:00
I live close to Tokorozawa. I tried different places but they either don't have them anymore or they're too expensive. I need to find something around 5000 yen or under.

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 16:47
I see. Perhaps it would be best to call Narita Uniqlo to see what their stock and prices are like before you head out that way.

But at your budget it would probably be best to shop online. There's lots of sets available in your price range:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=%E6%B5%B4%E8%A...

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:03
what about the store Shimamura?
they had a whole bunch of yukata sets for 40 dollars, and I am sure even though the yukata season is almost over they still have some left because I went in there about a week ago and they had lots still.
by ms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:15
I went to the closest Shimamura stores, they have only kids yukata left. And I don't have when to shop online and still get the package, I'm leaving Japan in a few days :(

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:17
Oh, but I read you can find yukatas at Oriental Bazaar in Omotesando. Anyone knows if they should have them in stock now? And what prices should I be expecting?

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:22
Amazon has them even cheaper and they will deliver by tomorrow night.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i...

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:23
Just make sure that you buy from amazon and that they are offering free prime shipping. You can even pay with a foreign credit card.

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 17:34
Oooh those are perfect! But I don't really get the size. They say "free size". How can I choose the size I want?

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 18:18
Free size means one size fits all. Yukata, typically come in one size which is adjusted by how you tie it up. It seems like some manufacturer are now offering a selection of sizes (although that may be referring more to the accessories, obi and geta than the actual yukata).

Re: Uniqlo yukata 2012/8/27 20:25
I ordered one of the free size ones. The yukata dimensions were written but I'm a bit worried about the sandals. Anyway, I hope it's gonna be ok. Thanks everyone for the help!

reply to this thread