Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan humidifier 2012/8/29 19:53
Dear all,

I went to tokyo early this year and bought a humidifier without noticing the voltage difference.

I live in Singapore and it's 220v here. Whereas this humidifier is 100v 70w. And yes i'm afraid it will be damage so i have not use it at all!! What a waste!!

Can somebody tell me what i should be getting inorder to use this humidifier? I've tried buying a transformer for 110v in Singapore but it didnt work. Could it be i need to get a 100v transformer from japan? Somebody advise please :(
by Jacqueline kwa (guest)  

Re: Japan humidifier 2012/8/30 13:21
Singapore & humidifier?? De-humidifier is what may be needed? Also 70w is so small. How does it generate mist/steam?
Anyway what kind of transformer did you try?
A heavy coiled transformer, not a tiny traveler's size, is needed. Also, does it have a fan, which I doubt but? Where did you buy? Tokyo & north is 50Hertz and Nagoya & west is 60 hertz. What is in Singapore? It might run faster or slower depending on where you bought in Japan.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan humidifier 2012/9/2 00:47
Yes the humidifier is 70W. I bought a travel transformer that was meant for 110v 80w. It only worked for 10mins and the transformer will get overheated and cuts off.

I travel very often and i was thinking if i should go back to japan and buy a transformer from there. They should have some inventions that's meant for their product?

I bought it from shinjuku, tokyo
by Jacqueline Kwa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan humidifier 2012/9/3 12:46
Sounds like your step down transformer was underrated for the job. You could try one with a higher wattage rating, but with the added cost, you may be better off just buying a new humidifier instead. FYI, the transformers will essentially be the same in Japan and Singapore so it shouldn't matter where you buy it.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread