Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Notifying Japanese family of death 2012/9/4 08:48
My mother is very close to death and I would like to be able to notify her family in Japan. We live in America. I know her family is in Gifu City. Does anyone have any suggestions for locating someone in Gifu?
by sahm1607  

Re: Notifying Japanese family of death 2012/9/6 10:03
sorry to hear about your mother.

i'm living in gifu city. i wonder if i could help you but at the same time it looks difficult to deal with since it includes lots of private reasons/histroy. i`m just afraid there's some tention or misunderstanding between your mother and her family based on the fact they hadn't contacted each other for years.

anyway, maybe you could contact local newpaper / radio station (there are several on the list if you google) and ask them for a help?

hope your mother and also you (including your family) are all in peace.
by jingifu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Notifying Japanese family of death 2012/9/8 08:54
There's no tension among the family members. In fact, I have the name and address of her youngest brother in Gifu, but none of us children can speak Japanese. She has passed since I my original post, so I really would like to let them know.
by sahm1607 rate this post as useful

Re: Notifying Japanese family of death 2012/9/8 13:29
Sorry to hear of your loss.

So you have the name and address of one of the relatives? I suggest that you write a short letter in English, locate a translation agency/translator (professional, not online, not on anonymous internet forum like this one here), and ask for a proper translation into Japanese, and send both English and Japanese notes to the relative you know of. Mention your phone number, address, and e-mail in your letter, someone in the family should be able to write back to you. Express airmail should get it into Japan in five, seven days or so.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Notifying Japanese family of death 2012/9/10 08:51
Thank you very much for your advice.
by sahm1607 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread