Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to play pachinko? 2012/9/10 15:42
Hi I'm here in Osaka and I want to know how pachinko works can someone explain to me what I need to do and how the game works cause I really want to give it a try. Thanks in advance.
by Hqt  

... 2012/9/10 16:26
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/11 11:33
Go there, insert your money (normally Yen 1.000) and play. Try to get those little balls in the appropriate "locks". It would definitely take too much time to explain all this in detail ... there are too many different kinds of pachinko machines. But I am sure, those friendly Japanese next to you will gladly explain everything *_*!
by kulachan rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/11 15:11
And don't forget to bring earplugs, as pachinko parlors are usually damn noisy.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/11 21:09
Hey guys I gave pachinko ago last night took me a few goes to understand the game I ended up winning a couple of trays of the silver balls but I ended up feeding it back into the machine. I left with my ears ringing and smelling like smoke.
by Hqt rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/21 16:26
hmm, avoid that cigarette smoke.
by bigwilli (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/22 08:06
There are some non-smokimg pachinko parlors in big cities.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/22 20:25
I personally still don't get the point of Pachinko. I even have a television station that's just about Pachinko. You win ...okay. Do you get anything out of it? I've seen parlors but have never played myself and lost interest after about a minute when trying to watch the Pachinko station.

At least if you play slots (I know, gambling is illegal in Japan), there's a chance you could win money. What do you get out of Pachinko?
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/23 07:04
Isn't pachinko just like pinball?
by Strawberry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/23 13:05
Gambling isn't completely illegal in Japan. There are some exceptions in place. I buy scratch tickets for around 500yen when I feel lucky...

As for pachinko, you can't get money at the parlour... But you can get prizes which you sell at a nearby shop.

For information, check wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling_in_Japan#cite_note-3
by Jakka rate this post as useful

Re: How to play pachinko? 2012/9/23 19:54
The smoke in these Palour is unbearable I don't get why they still allow smoking in these places especially restaurants.
by Hqt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread