Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese license plates for sale (facsimile) 2012/9/11 01:57
Hello!

I was wondering if I can find any place in Japan that would sell facsimilies of Japanese car registration plates that are of similar size to the real ones? I know they are of specific color combinations depending on the vehicle and engine displacement. But would they sell fakes ones in colors obviously not legitimate? Or is this seen as something akin to illegal?

Thank you!
by Japan Otaku (guest)  

Re: Japanese license plates for sale (facsimile) 2012/9/11 10:21
I was wondering if I can find any place in Japan that would sell facsimilies of Japanese car registration plates that are of similar size to the real ones?

I haven't seen them for sale in Japan, but a quick google search results in lots of places that sell reproductions online:

https://www.google.com/#q=japanese%20license%20plates&fp=1&bav=on.2,or...

I know they are of specific color combinations depending on the vehicle and engine displacement. But would they sell fakes ones in colors obviously not legitimate?

Yes

Or is this seen as something akin to illegal?

All of the sellers I looked at were in North America or the UK. Whether or not it is legal to purchase/mount those plates on your car depends on where you live.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread