Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need job 2012/9/14 09:35
hi friends,
im from indonesia and Id like to do some waitressing or anyjob that related in food and beverages or farmer. My japanese speaking skills are still poor and im never goes to japan ever.
Do any of you know a restaurant/izakaya/bar that will hire a gaijin?
by dickzue23  

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 10:05
Would you hire a gaijin with those qualifications over a Japanese national if you were the owner of an izakaya? Having to sponsor his/her visa?
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 10:22
yes i will, in one condition, they pay for their own visa. and that's what I would do to get out of my country to work and learn new knowledge and culture.
by dickzue23 rate this post as useful

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 10:46
Id like to do some waitressing or anyjob that related in food and beverages

There are no work visa for waiter or kitchen porter in Japan. Only visa for skilled people.
There are million of jobless japanese who can do the job you are looking for, why would anyone employ you over a japanese?

my japanese speaking skills are still poor

Just imagine a japanese ask about nuts, gluten or seafood allergy? Can you understand he/she can die if you did not understand the question?

Do any of you know a restaurant/izakaya/bar that will hire a gaijin

I already saw few gaijins in bar and izakaya but they ALL spoke japanese with me, and by the way none of them sponsor visa. There are NO visa for such jobs. They were probably on spouse visa or working holiday visa. There are also NO visa to work in farm.

by Malabar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 11:00
Do any of you know a restaurant/izakaya/bar that will hire a gaijin?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if you can find a job or not. These types of jobs do not fulfill the immigration requirements for a work visa, so even if you found a job you would have no basis to stay and work in the country.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 11:16
Dickzue,

The izakaya chain Sakura Suisan actively hires non-Japanese staff as a way to keep their costs down. As mentioned above, they won't be able to sponsor you though, so you would have to have a status of residence that allows you to work (e.g. student visa, spouse visa, permanent resident visa), and of course you would need to have the basic Japanese language ability necessary to communicate with customers.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need job 2012/9/14 11:40
thanks for the all the information guys,,,i appreciated that's..for the motivation that's all of you give...and i'll struggle for it...^_^
by dickzue23 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread