Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheaper to buy warm winter coat in Sapporo? 2012/9/17 00:04
My son forgot to take the winter jacket I bought for him to take to Japan. It's a North Face winter jacket with inside fleece. Cost £190.

Do I send it via the post - office? or will it be cheaper for him to buy another one in Sapporo?

Please I need your advice.

Thank you.
by Princess2  

Re: Cheaper to buy warm winter coat in Sapporo? 2012/9/17 09:23
How long is he there for? Current temperature is is around 20-25c with next week given as around 18c, which is a lot higher than most of the UK at the moment.

Unless he is there all the way through the winter I can't see a reason for shipping the jacket to him. A 6kg parcel (as an example) is going to cost you around 100 for 3-8 days delivery and will also likely incur duty/tax costs at his end. Probably easier to find something local if it is really needed.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper to buy warm winter coat in Sapporo? 2012/9/19 03:03
Thank you. He will be there until end of June 2013.

I'm hoping to visit him over Xmas & New Year period, arriving in Japan 20th December. Will it be ok to take the coat with me then or will it be too late for their Winter season?
by Princess2 rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper to buy warm winter coat in Sapporo? 2012/9/19 17:56
Mailing the coat will help. Use a flat rate international or global economy due 3-4 weeks will be fine -it will reach him end October just before the temperatures drop too low.

Even if you get a refund for coat, it will still cost higher to get a brand winter outer coat in Sapporo.

Mailing will be an economical choice,
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: Cheaper to buy warm winter coat in Sapporo? 2012/9/19 18:10
My son forgot to take the winter jacket I bought for him to take to Japan. It's a North Face winter jacket with inside fleece. Cost £190.

North Face is quite expensive in Japan, however the prices here are pretty comparable to the prices in the UK. And there are plenty of coats available in Japan across all budgets so it won't be difficult for him to pick up a new one in Japan.

December is not that cold yet, and you may just want to wait until your trip to bring it to him. I'm sure he'll survive until then.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread