Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Solo woman visiting maid cafe...weird? 2012/9/26 22:54
I'll be travelling solo to Japan in a few weeks. And just for the sake of having the experience, I kinda want to go to a Maid Cafe. You know...for sociological and anthropological purposes. Purely academic. lol. Anyway, would it be weird for a woman to go alone to a Maid Cafe? (Probably @Home Cafe, so one that's heavily touristed by foreigners.) Thanks!
by HikerChick (guest)  

Re: Solo woman visiting maid cafe...weird? 2012/9/28 00:19
I don't think you should concern yourself with what others think. If you're a gaijin, they're going to think even less as they'll probably think your doing the tourist things. I, myself, haven't gone to one because it just doesn't interest me and all the attention would make me uncomfortable. But I would just do what you want and to heck with others!
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Solo woman visiting maid cafe...weird? 2012/9/28 05:32
Not weird at all, in fact I think it would be a great move. I brought an old high school friend to a maid cafe in Akihabara who was writing some articles while in Tokyo, and we had a blast. Keep in mind she was the ONLY woman in there besides the maids themselves, and a lot of the otaku in there were really staring her up (she's quite attractive and half japanese to boot). As long as you're willing to put up with some stares from socially awkward otaku and keep it light-hearted I'm sure you'll have a great time. Plus the maids love it when ladies come in as they know they're not there stalking them!
by thomzilla (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread