Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sushi Dai Queues on Weekdays 2012/10/1 13:00
Hello,

I've read all over about Sushi Dai's incredibly long queues, but decided to give it a try anyway.

Does anybody know how long the queues usually is on weekdays (not too early, maybe about 7 or 8 in the morning)? We're going to Hakone afterwards so need to consider the time.

Thanks a lot!
by FHalimi (guest)  

... 2012/10/1 14:49
Does anybody know how long the queues usually is on weekdays (not too early, maybe about 7 or 8 in the morning)?

They are still usually over an hour (at least) during weekdays and often longer. I think later is actually worse so if you can, try and go earlier. Having said that, it may depend a lot on what day you actually go.

If you queue for a while and find that you aren't making enough progress then consider visiting one of the other ones nearby that don't seem to have the hype of Sushi Dai/Daiwa Sushi but still produce some really nice sushi probably of a relatively equivalent level in terms of quality.

I sometimes wonder if Sushi Dai is popular just because it is popular, and the Japanese do love to queue.

I remember when Krispy Kreme opened in Shinjuku that the queue used to extend all the way across the railbridge to Takashimaya. I asked someone on the train who had a box how long she had waited for and she said she queued for three hours! I'm sure Krispy Kreme is good but is it three hours good?

Anyway, in summary if you can't get in to Sushi Dai then I'd strongly consider some of the nearby ones.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Dai Queues on Weekdays 2012/10/2 05:30
I'd say about 2 hours if you wait until 7-8. Going earlier is better. People start lining up around 4:30am..
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sushi Dai Queues on Weekdays 2013/1/9 23:10
I went there last november, the queue is a joke, seriously, I was there around 7 but got in line around 8 and I have to queue 4 hours!!!

I believe that other establishment has good sushi as well since the fish is coming from the same market, if you don't mind queuing then it's not a problem but if you really wanna eat sushi dai, I agree with the post above, come as early as 4.30am or 5am.

by emti rate this post as useful

reply to this thread