Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Internships in Japan for non-students? 2012/10/4 03:55
I graduated from college in 2008. I can speak Japanese at a very high level.

I want to work in the financial field.

Do you have any experience or know of any companies that can hook me up with an internship at a bank or financial organization in Japan? Even unpaid is fine.

Everything I have found so far seems to be for current students only.

I was wondering if there were any program that provided the connection for those of us already out of school.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!
by Jake21  

Re: Internships in Japan for non-students? 2012/10/4 11:51
you need to be a student to qualify for trainee visa. I think it will be very hard to find one which does not require trainee visa status.
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: Internships in Japan for non-students? 2012/10/15 17:46
Open to local students. The institute will reference, recommend him/her based on academic and social behaviours. It is a tough application for even locals as internship spaces are highly limited and precious in proportion to entries.

The companies interview and offer with a perspective to hire chosen applicants to full time positions on successful completion of training.
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

Re: Internships in Japan for non-students? 2012/10/18 20:55
Japan Internships (www.japaninternship.net) offer mainly hotel and resort internships, but they offer internships in other fields too for their cultural programs. Send them an email, they may be able to set you up with something.
by ggoby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread