Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/6 22:29
I'm a big fan of the secondhand designer goods stores in Japan, and am aware of some of the larger chains, such as Komehyo and Daikokuya.

I know of Komehyo's outlets in Tokyo, and Nagoya, and Daikokuya in both Tokyo and Osaka.

Does anyone know if either have any outlets in Hiroshima or Kyoto, and any recommendations for other chains or individual secondhand shops that are particularly good, with some hidden gems?
by tequilatamm  

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/8 16:46

Tequilatamm ,

I read your blog ,http://tibtec.com/blog/?p=51, and found it very interesting.

Thank you for all the usefulinformation.Would definitely look for those shops on my next visit.

Would be nice to read your latest update.
by nizora (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/9 07:35
Hi Nizora. Thanks for your kind words.

The secondhand shops are fun, and we're looking forward to going to Komehyo's headquarters and main shops in Nagoya this December/January!

I'd nearly forgotten about that blog... I'm about to pull it down actually and re-do my whole website, but I will try to put it back up and post some info on the Nagoya shops if I have time!
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/9 10:02
Don Quijote stores often have a floor dedicated to such goods. I am not sure if all stores do, but you should be able to find such information on their website.

http://www.donki.com/index_en.php?lang=en
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/9 14:09

Don Quijote stores often have a floor dedicated to such goods.

I have visited several of Don Quijote stores in Tokyo. Yes ,they have some secondhand brand names handbags, watches ,etc. But the stores are very much like 100 yen stores, they sell from "anything" to
virtualy "everthing". Those brand name items are virtually lost in the middle of cheap ,junks items.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/9 15:28
BTW, those stores are called "Shichi-ya" in Japanese.
They often put up the kanji charactor "Ž¿"(shichi) as a signboard.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/11 15:30
I have visited several of Don Quijote stores in Tokyo. Yes ,they have some secondhand brand names handbags, watches ,etc. But the stores are very much like 100 yen stores, they sell from "anything" to
virtualy "everthing". Those brand name items are virtually lost in the middle of cheap ,junks items.

Don Quijote does sell everything and anything, but I have been in several where one entire floor is dedicated to secondhand and new brand goods only. Perhaps some stores have them mixed with other stock but some have such floors.
by No brand (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Secondhand Designer Goods Stores? 2012/10/11 20:54
Thanks for the tips on the Japanese name and characters... now I know what to ask for and what to look for, ajapaneseboy!

Yes, Don Quijote does have some shops where (usually) the top floor has designer goods... I haven't seen any with very many used goods, they tend to have new stuff that is last season, etc.

I once replaced a silver Tiffany pen there to replace one I'd lost.

Bic and Yodobashi Camera also sell some designer goods in the same fashion... again, the stuff isn't quite as high end as what you can find at the used shops, but always worth a look.
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread