Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Manga artist requirements 2012/10/11 06:17
I want to be a manga artist.I have already started my manga and many people are anxious to read more,but my family reckons i need a bunch of requirements.Im already learning Japanese ontop of French and Irish!What more do they want?Can someone please let me now if I even need to finish school for a career in manga art?
by Charlie Storm (guest)  

... 2012/10/11 10:51
Read this thread:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+5607

Yes, you should finish school. If you wish to work in Japan you should probably also finish University and get a Bachelor Degree to assist you in getting a Work Visa.

It is not easy at all to become a manga artist so you have a difficult path ahead of you.

Good luck!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Manga artist requirements 2012/10/13 06:31
Can someone please let me now if I even need to finish school for a career in manga art?

Yes, you will need to finish school all the way through college in order to qualify for a work visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Manga artist requirements 2012/10/13 20:09
More specifically, the steps are as follows:

1. Finish school though college, obtaining a bachelor's degree.
2. Have enough skill and talent as a manga artist to be attractive to Japanese publishers.
3. Obtain a job offer from a Japanese company.
4. Apply for a work visa.

Alternatively,

1. Have enough skill and talent to become a successful manga artist in your own country.
2. Get several years experience in the industry or become well known.
3. Obtain a job offer from a Japanese company.
4. Apply for a work visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread