Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/24 03:34
I have been sending out emails to so many labs now, all from different Universities in Japan...Kyoto, Tokyo, Ritsumeikan....

I have waited for over 2 months and I still haven't got any replies from their Laboratories. What should I do?

I really want to do my Masters in Japan. Help!
by Chlavine  

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/24 09:56
Did you e-mail their labs directly? or the University admissions?
by LB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/24 12:16
Directly. They have to accept me first in order to apply to the universities right? About two or three did reply long back. But there's been a lull ever since.
by Chlavine rate this post as useful

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/24 12:28
I think you should contact the universities admissions first so they can see your grades are good enough and that you are fluent in Japanese and go from there.
by LB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/24 13:18
Oh ok. I'll do that then. I'm not fluent in Japanese as of yet. I'm willing to wait a year if there's some sort of guarantee. Is that asking to much?

Maybe a language school a year, and then Masters?

I've also applied to one of those Labs under Global 30 program with English as a medium of instruction.
by Chlavine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/27 17:16
From what I understand, it is as LB suggested; you should first apply to the University admissions. They would then process your application, go through your grades, English ability, etc. and decide whether you're suitable. From there the applications of foreign students are passed around the different lab groups and according to vacancies and the types of research they are involved in, the Professors choose which student/s to sponsor.
by Aki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why aren't the Laboratories replying? 2012/10/27 23:45
Thank you LB and Aki.
by Chlavine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread