Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Make your own wedding rings 2012/10/26 04:57
I saw a TV program where a couple went to an establishment in Tokyo Japan, where from a single large ring, the couple would cut the ring into two pieces, and then hammer and make two rings, one each for each other. I would like to visit Japan with my spouse to experience this activity. I need to know where we can do this. Thank You
by Lune (guest)  

Re: Make your own wedding rings 2012/10/26 09:06
I know there are silver-smithing workshops/schools that offer "similar" experiences, making wedding rings from a sheet or a bar of silver, but not specifically where they took a ring and cut it into two pieces... which program in which country did you watch it??
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Make your own wedding rings 2012/10/26 22:43
Lune,

As AK implies, I don't think this technique is unique to Japan. A silversmith in any country can probably teach you to do something similar, so it's a matter of finding the right artist/silversmith. It might be even easier to find one in your own country instead of Japan.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread