Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/28 19:31
I heard from my friend mentioning that those Japanese to English electronic dictionary is better than those found in my country (Singapore).

Anyone has any experience getting 1 in Japan b4 and which brand is good?

She also mention something like a device which u can use it to read over a line of text like a pen, and will translate the line of text for you.

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks first :)
by Blitz (guest)  

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/29 12:51
for the price of a decent Japanese English dictionary you could get an iPhone / Android / iPod touch and use the thousands of dictionary apps available on those platforms.

Also, the electronic dictionaries in Japan are made to be used by Japanese people trying to learn English.
by ssss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/29 20:30
Thanks for the clarification! :)
by Blitz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/29 21:11
BTW, I think you can buy at YodobashiCamera in Akihabara
and they can speak English and Chinese,
so I called and asked them
but they said they almost never have dictionaries for English speakers,
as ssss pointed.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/30 22:43
Thanks ajapaneseboy! :)
by Blitz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/10/31 14:04
Although the previous posters are correct, the Canon Wordtank dictionaries usually have an option to change all the menus into English. They are also easy to find in Yodobashi camera and similar stores in Japan.
I bought my Wordtank V330 in Yodobashi Shinjuku, and swapped it into English mode. I've been using it ever since. However I don't know of any other brands that have this option
by GMatt rate this post as useful

Re: Electronics Dictionary In Japan 2012/11/1 21:44
We looked at the prices of the translators in Yodobashi and Sakura and were horrified at the prices! So expensive! Used the iPhone instead.
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread