Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How To Become A Japanese Teacher in USA 2012/10/28 22:09
Hello,everyone.
Iam Japanese.
I really love American and Japanese.
Therefore I wanna live in USA to teach Japanese as a teacher to make them know how Japan is wonderful.
I really crave.
First I wanna enter the university in USA to study.
Then I wanna teach Japanese in the schol as a teacher.
Is it hard for me to?
Please help me.
by Yuki Morino  

Re: How To Become A Japanese Teacher in USA 2012/10/28 23:31
- If you want to study at a university in the USA, you will first need to study the English language to a college level, and look for any opportunity to apply to one upon completing your high school education. Or you can enrol in a college in Japan, and look for any exchange program from that college with one in the US.

- If you want to teach the Japanese language, I recommend going through a teacher training school (learning Japanese as "kokugo" and being able to teach it as "nihongo" are two different things) and get qualified. There are many teacher training institutes in Japan.

One of the qualifications is as follows:
http://www.jees.or.jp/jltct/index.htm
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How To Become A Japanese Teacher in USA 2012/10/29 10:34
You can try to become a Japanese language teacher for adult education classes that a city/county offers through community colleges. They usually also offer Spanish and other languages, cooking, photographing, painting, Taichi, computer class, etc. However, the interests in Japanese language is waning in USA. You are 20-30 years late. Chinese is more for the future as the international business requirements demand.
Good luck.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How To Become A Japanese Teacher in USA 2012/10/29 12:55
It depends what kind of teacher you want to be.

If you want to be a school teacher (elementary, middle, junior, high) then you'll need to go to college in the United States for the proper degree and teaching certification.

If you just want to teach at a private Japanese Language school company, you'll just need the necessary English skills and meet the immigration requirements.
by ssssssss (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread