Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All You Can Eat Sushi Tokyo 2012/11/22 04:13
Hi Everyone

I'll be visiting Japan at the end of December this year and I plan to go to an all you can eat sushi restaurant. Not so much to stuff my face, but rather because I'd like to try a wide variety of different sushi.

The two places I'm considering at the moment are Hina Sushi (Ginza) and Tama Sushi (Ginza). I'll be visiting with a friend, so the per person costs will be 4,179 yen and 3,675 yen, respectively.Unfortunately, I can find hardly any reviews of these establishments.

Can anyone offer some advice on:
1)How good are these places; which would you recommend (if any)?

2)Are the Ginza branches any better than their other locations (as I've heard) ?

3)Are reservations possible/advised?

4) Is this the best "strategy" for sampling a a variety of sushi?

Many thanks in advance for all responses.
by Jim (guest)  

Re: All You Can Eat Sushi Tokyo 2012/11/25 10:15
I have never heard of anyone checking out sushi places in advance! There are great sushi places all over Tokyo and anything you pick will be better than what you are used to (probably). I would just randomly pick a kaitensushi (revolving sushi) near any of the major stations. It is cheaper and you only pay for what you want to eat. You can try anything that passes in front of you! Once you've done that a few times you can move up and try one or two of the better restaurants. Don't go for the top places at once, because you'll be spoilt! (^-^)
by T1M P1E rate this post as useful

Re: All You Can Eat Sushi Tokyo 2012/11/25 12:38
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all-you-can-eat sushi places give you a selection of sushi, rather than letting you order by the piece (otherwise I'd just order uni and other expensive items all night).

Zanmai is a good chain to try - very reasonable prices, and some (all?) branches have English menus.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All You Can Eat Sushi Tokyo 2012/11/25 18:23
Thanks for the replies T1M and Umami.

It's good to hear that I more or less "can't go wrong" when it comes to sushi in Tokyo. I was certainly intending to try some other places in addition to an all you can eat restaurant. After all, I'll be in Tokyo for about two weeks, and I want to get my money's worth!

I certainly don't get the impression that the places I mentioned are "top places". In fact, the prices at Zanmai seem to be pretty comparable.

As far as I can make out, it's possible to choose whatever you want. That is to say, it is entirely possible to just eat otoro etc. all night. Actually, I think I read a review which said that the next table ordered anago over and over again!

Since starting this thread, I've managed to find these places on tabelog, which is very helpful. All the same, I'd still appreciate some input from the JG community.

Incidentally, here are links to the restaurants I mentioned:

Hina Sushi(Ginza):

http://www.create-restaurants.co.jp/shop/index.php?controller=FrontCrS...

Tama Sushi (Ginza):

http://www.tamasushi.co.jp/contents/hp0037/index00230000.html

Since reading reviews on tabelog, I'm also considering the Odaiba branch of Tama Sushi:

http://www.tamasushi.co.jp/contents/hp0042/index00280000.html

Which seems to be cheaper than Ginza, and receives better reviews. If anyone could offer an opinion on this establishment specifically, it would be much appreciated.

Once again, thanks for all answers.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All You Can Eat Sushi Tokyo 2012/11/25 22:38
Hina has a good reputation. I've never heard of Tama.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread