Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Book Off returns policy 2012/11/23 17:30
I bought a DS game in Book Off for 2600yen, but when I got home I realised it doesn't work with my foreign console. This is the first time I've had this problem, the Japanese games always seem to work on foreign consoles. My Japanese isn't great, so I'm wondering will I get a refund/store credit? When I tried researching it only mentioned situations where the product was broken or incorrect.
by Sue (guest)  

Re: Book Off returns policy 2012/11/23 20:58
Basically they refuse to return for your misunderstanding.
But if you show them the receipt
I think maybe you can exchange other one with paying the balance.
Because in this case, theier sales is not reduced.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Book Off returns policy 2012/11/23 21:14
I recommend going to the store with the receipt (without receipt, just forget it). Explain that it didn't work for some reason. They'll probably re-check and if you are lucky, you'd be able to exchange for another.
by Book off (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Book Off returns policy 2012/11/23 23:27
Are you sure it's not a fault with the DS itself? I am 99% sure that the original DS system was not region locked, so you shouldn't have any problems playing foreign games on it.

(if it's a 3DS though, then those are region locked so disregard the above)
by Oyaji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Book Off returns policy 2012/11/23 23:38
I googled it and it won't work on a foreign DSi or 3DS, only on the old DS Lite, which is strange as I've bought games here before and never had a problem! I guess I'll just go in and plead and maybe they'll be nice. . . .
by Sue (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread