Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/11/25 22:54
I will go to Japan in May-June next year and should perhaps go to a concert in Tokyo (or Osaka/Fukuoka) while there. I am most interested in Maaya Sakamoto, Puffy Ami Yumi and Ayumi Hamasaki, but I cannot find any info on their possible tours next year. Anyone heard anything about these singers?
by Mojje (guest)  

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/11/26 13:20
Sakamoto Maaya just had a tour this year (Nov/Dec 2012), so it is unlikely she will have one next year.

Puffy's official site doesn't have any information about lives after July of this year. Perhaps it will be updated with lives in the future, but so far there is no news of a live tour.

Hamasaki Ayumi also had a live tour this year, but since she is so popular she doesn't tours more often than the other two artists. Currently there is no information about lives in 2013, but you can check here: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/ayu/jp/live/

More information/changes may be posted closer to your dates in Japan, so I would advice checking about 2 months prior and seeing if there are any updates/changes.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/11/27 03:18
Alright thank you for the reply. Do the concerthalls have schedules I can look at? I dont know what concerthalls are big enough for interesting artists that does not involve bars or alcohol if you see what I mean. I noticed the Maaya concert was recently, too bad i missed it, I would love to see a concert of jpop or rock once in my life.
by Mojje (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/11/27 11:22
Can you read Japanese? The venues often have schedules, but they are usually Japanese only. This site though looks like it could be a good starting point:

http://www.songkick.com/metro_areas/30717-japan-tokyo

You can look for other areas, then for your dates to see who is playing. I doubt many of the heavy rock bands or the tiny venues are listed on that site, but there are a few.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/12/12 21:07
Best thing to do is keep watching the artist's websites if they have them, and also find some fan communities on line who will often translate news from websites or from fan club emails. They are also great places to get advice on how to buy tickets and how to get to venues.

I attended three gigs and one live/club night while I was in Tokyo earlier this tear and online fan communities/fan-run websites were invaluable in offering me advice when I was planning my trip.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/12/12 23:14
Thank you for your replies :)

About the live/club performances I somehow get the feeling it is most common to have these in bars or the like, at least many of those performances at clubs are in that kind of environment over here, if you see what I mean by bars, etc. Involving alcohol and so. I am no alcoholdrinker so I prefer not to go to such places. But I dont know how it is in Japan.

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2012/12/12 23:14
Thank you for your replies :)

About the live/club performances I somehow get the feeling it is most common to have these in bars or the like, at least many of those performances at clubs are in that kind of environment over here, if you see what I mean by bars, etc. Involving alcohol and so. I am no alcoholdrinker so I prefer not to go to such places. But I dont know how it is in Japan.

Re: Concerts in Japan in May/June 2013 2013/3/8 15:45
Hi, I am Rakshith from India. You must check out Ozzfest 2013 if you are a Rock/Metal enthusiast. It is a HUGE festival. Lineup includes Black Sabbath ,Slipknot, Tool, Slash, Deftones, Stonesour, Steel Panther and a lot more. This is happening in Makuhari Messe in Chiba on May 11 and 12, 2013. I am in Muroran, Hokkaido from may to july and will travel all the way down form there. Anyone who is attending this. I would be great if someone is going there, from Muroran or from India. Turns out my friends are not metal enthusiast. Please contact me if someone is going.
Cheers ! :)
by Rakshith Shetty (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread