Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how much are these worth 2012/11/26 02:16
I have a 1,10 & 100 pesos from The Japanese Government, the one has (24) on it,the 10 has PD on it, the 100 has (28) on it, they are in very good shape
by ptgrmr  

Re: how much are these worth 2012/11/26 09:23
Pesos? Do you mean yen? They are worth the number on them; i.e. the 1 yen coin is worth 1 yen, etc. The 24 or 28 is the year according to the Japanese calendar. Without seeing pictures, the kanji before those numbers probably says "Showa". Showa 24 is the year 1949 in the Western calendar; Showa 28 is 1953. Not sure what "PD" means. Showa coins are still very common; I have a few in my wallet right now.

Now, if they are not Showa coins, and they are older, then they may be worth something. But without seeing pictures, and if you don't post the kanji, I can't say.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: how much are these worth 2012/11/26 10:21
The original poster is probably talking about Philippine pesos issued by the Japanese government during WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_government-issued_Philippine_Pes...

A quick goggle on the web suggests that they are not especially rare or valuable.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how much are these worth 2012/11/26 13:25
Oh, thanks Dave! That is interesting to know! (And sorry OP for misunderstanding!)
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread