Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I Be Able To Find Clothes That Suit Me? 2012/12/3 13:51
I'm 5'6" And Weigh 120lbs (54-55 Kilograms) Which Is Not Considered Fat Here In America But I Have Some Curves And More Bust Then Most Girls. From What I've Seen Japanese Girls Are Thinner And Shorter Than Me So Would I Be Able To Find Cute Clothing In My Size When I Visit? I Usually Wear A Size 4-5 In Jeans And A Small Or Medium Size For Shirts.
by VikkiNeko7  

Re: Will I Be Able To Find Clothes That Suit Me? 2012/12/3 15:43
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, depends on what type of clothing you are looking for, where you are looking, and how long you want to spend doing it, just like shopping in America. The only difference is that you are in Japan instead.

I'd say the hardest thing will be shoes if you have big feet, and that some boutique stores only carry one size (usually medium), which will be fine for the top, but bottoms can sometimes not fit well if you have big hips.

But I run into that in the US too, so I don't find shopping here any different. Except the shop girls can be scary, so I'd learn the Japanese for "just looking, thanks!" otherwise they tend to follow you around... or maybe they do it to me on purpose, I dunno. ;p
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Will I Be Able To Find Clothes That Suit Me? 2012/12/3 16:49
From What I've Seen Japanese Girls Are Thinner And Shorter---mostly in Tokyo and city areas. Around Kanto and bigger radius away from metro you will see bigger size girls/women.

A unique store-Sakazen is for larger body L-6L sizes-it is unique: the fashion designed for larger sizes with slimmer looking cuts and fabric patterns. Ask a friend who speaks Japanese well to call ahead one of their branches to advise exact address that caters for women( casual and formal) wear too (similar to Bigdog in US).

Hope it helps
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread