Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Handphone prepaid cards 2012/12/12 17:46
Hello!

I'll be staying in Japan for 36days! So i'm thinking of getting a local mobile number.

Q1) Where can i get such prepaid mobile number SIM cards? Lawsons/7-11?

Q2) What is the size of the SIM card they sell? Micro (iphones) ? or standard (blackberry/nokia)?

Q3) I understand that japanese mobile phones are equipped with earthquake warning alarms.. So if i get a prepaid mobile number, will there also have such earthquake warning alarms? Or do i have to subscribe it seperately?
by honeybooboo  

Re: Handphone prepaid cards 2012/12/13 00:10
Q1) Where can i get such prepaid mobile number SIM cards? Lawsons/7-11?

Prepaid phones can be purchased from softbank stores. These outlets in Tokyo have english speaking staff:

http://mb.softbank.jp/en/customer_support/shops.html

Prepaid sim cards can be purchased from B-mobile, HOWEVER if you don't have a resident visa then you will not be able to get voice service. A rental sim (expensive) would be the alternative if you need voice.

Q2) What is the size of the SIM card they sell? Micro (iphones) ? or standard (blackberry/nokia)?

All sizes (nano, micro and standard) rental sims are available. Prepaid sim cards currently only come in micro and standard sizes but you can easily cut them down to fit your phone.

Q3) I understand that japanese mobile phones are equipped with earthquake warning alarms.. So if i get a prepaid mobile number, will there also have such earthquake warning alarms? Or do i have to subscribe it seperately?

You will get the alerts if your phone supports the function.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread