Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ketsuniku o waketa, kokontoko ni 2012/12/16 07:49
1. A line about a pair of fraternal twins who don't physically resemble each other much:

二卵性ではあるが、まさに血肉を分けた兄弟である。

I understand that the phrase "chiniku o waketa" means "like twins", "seemingly identical". I assume this means that even though they are fraternal twins, it is like they are identical in personality (or some other way)?

2. An artist who worked on a movie is talking about not being interviewed for the promotional material. (She's writing from a perspective of several years since the incident.)

[Publication]からお呼びがかからなかったのは案外ここんとこに原因がありそうだ。

I understand that most of it means "there must've been a reason why I wasn't contacted," but the "angai kokontoko ni" part confuses me. I see that "kokontoko ni" means "these days," and I'm not sure how that would fit in the context of the sentence.

Thanks for any help.
by Blenheim (guest)  

Re: Ketsuniku o waketa, kokontoko ni 2012/12/16 10:38
ここんとこ is sometimes used for "these days" like "kokonntoko gobusata"
, but ここんとこ never mean it.
ここんとこに is colloquial expression for "ここのところに" means "in this part".

Excuse my poor English.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Ketsuniku o waketa, kokontoko ni 2012/12/16 12:32
1. Normaly this word "ni-ransei" is used to refer to biovular twins (as against monoovular twins, who would resemble each other closely).
So this sentence is somewhat vague - as far as I can tell, all it says is "They are biovular twins (so not as close se moovular) but they are truly siblings of the same origin."
The sentence does not suggest anything about the personality or whatsoever at all.

"angai" = unexpectedly, surprisingly
"kokon'toko" = can be "these days" or in this case literally "in this area/part."
So the sentence means: "The reason why I wasn't contacted by XXX surprisingly might lie around here."
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ketsuniku o waketa, kokontoko ni 2012/12/16 15:05
I see! You both were helpful; thank you both very much!
by Blenheim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread