Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lactose free food 2013/1/3 03:58
I wonder if someone can tell me, how common it is for japanese dishes to have milk/chesse in their making? My husband is mildly lactose intolerant, so I just need to know how carefull to we need to be in ordering, since we'll mostly be pointing at the menus and taking our chances...
by CecilSoares  

Re: Lactose free food 2013/1/3 13:07
No worries. traditional & basic Japanese foods never use any milk or cheese. If you eat western foods like pizza, hamburger with cheese, or coffee/tea with milk or powdered creamer, etc., then, it is a different story.
Many Japanese are lactose intolerant including me.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lactose free food 2013/1/4 00:36
Thank you.
by CecilSoares rate this post as useful

Re: Lactose free food 2013/1/6 18:22
Yeah, you have NOTHING to worry about. I'm mildly lactose intolerant, but so far, none of the dairy products even bother me.

I should note that most of the cheap cheese that I've encountered is oil-based, apparent as it gets very translucent when heated. Milk and other dairy products are comparatively expensive - Milk is usually priced at 148 yen per liter, which roughly equals $6.45 per gallon.
by RaikouNeko rate this post as useful

Re: Lactose free food 2013/1/16 22:11
I am also lactose intolerant but just want to know how easy is it get soy milk and what is the japanese phrase to ask for it at the store. We are going to Niseko so are we are we able to find it there?
thx
by Artemisxw2011 rate this post as useful

Re: Lactose free food 2013/2/25 11:50
toArtemisxw2011
print this and show
"豆乳はありますか?"

"調整豆乳"
Soy milk that has been flavored
"無調整豆乳"
Soy milk that has not been flavored

by masa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread