Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weird/uncommon/taboo things to do in Osaka 2013/1/11 14:21
Hi all, although I am born in Kyoto, I grew up in Australia, and have experienced everything Japan as to offer from karaoke, Onsen, sightseeing, shopping, sumo watching etc.

What I am after is the side of Japan you don't get to see as a traveller.

Does anybody know any uncommon/weird/taboo things to do in Osaka. I have figure no one exactly talks about it, but for a country who is famous for exactly that weird and wonderful, i will appreciate any suggestions. It could very well be something as simple as having a homestay (which I have already done ) or vising red light districts... etc. etc

Cheers,

by William (guest)  

Re: Weird/uncommon/taboo things to do in Osaka 2013/1/12 04:33

You could try running naked through the city.
It is quite weird/uncommon/taboo. ;)

Also it might get you a free excursion and field trip to local police station, where you can study how the Japanese justice system works.
by kodama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weird/uncommon/taboo things to do in Osaka 2013/1/14 13:20
yea thanks Kodama. I am not in here for smart arse comments such as that. Now move along and don't waste my time.
by William (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2013/1/14 14:25
Volunteer for an organisation that helps the homeless people:-
http://kozmoz.org/948/kansai-foodbank-1-6-12/

I'm sure there are others.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Weird/uncommon/taboo things to do in Osaka 2013/1/14 15:25
Don't ever say that Udon noodle soup or Okonomiyaki taste better in Tokyo. People in Osaka will be disgusted by you then…:)
by jomonstrider (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Weird/uncommon/taboo things to do in Osaka 2013/1/14 17:46
Visit the historic red lights district Tobita Shinchi
by Mauro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread