Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International Christianity University 2013/1/17 06:41
Hello!
I'm applying to International Christian University and Ristumeikan University in Kyoto. I'm a senior in high school and I have been studying Japanese for about 4-5 years. I'm applying to both schools as a regular student. I would like to know the difficulty of getting in as regular (4 year) exchange/foreigner student.If any of you all have been accepted there, what was your G.P.A, SAT scores, and extra curricular? If you do not feel comfortable disclosing such information, I understand. But it would really help me a get a perspective of what ICU and Rustumeikan University (Kyoto) is looking for.
Anyway, I would like to know if I have a chance. My G.P.A is a 3.5 (A-), but my SAT scores are low (1440) considering I am not a good test taker. I am working on that though. My extra curriculars include: Voice Lessons for a year, Piano for 10 years (since I was 8 years old and ongoing), theater for 6 years, Cross Country for four years (I was the fastest on my team and got 3 awards and 4 varsity letters), Liturgical Dance for 5 years, French Honors Society and vice president of the Japanese Culture Club. I am also graduating in the Honors and AP Program and an Academic High Honor Roll student.

So sorry for the long message, so even though my SAT scores are low, do my extra curricular and G.P.A outweigh them? Or is there no chance?

Thank You so much.
by LeBlanc (guest)  

... 2013/1/17 09:04
If you search for ICU on this forum you should get a few threads with other students and questions like yours.

Here's one to start:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?1+89968

You may like to register and contact some of the other users or post in those threads if they aren't too old.

Good luck!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: International Christianity University 2013/1/17 11:47
Thanks You GC3!
I read the whole thread, but it didn't specifically answer my question. I want to hear from people whp have been accepted and what their resumes looked like and if I had a chance of getting accepted.
Thanks!
by LeBlanc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread