Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

simple and effective martial arts for defend 2013/1/21 03:35
Hey can you tell me some martial arts that good for defense. But it must be simple and effective.
by irvsat  

Re: simple and effective martial arts for defend 2013/1/21 08:05
Are u boy or girl?

Don't take traditional martial arts such as karate, kung fu and so, because this requires discipline and long years of training if u want to put in effect.

I recommend Krav Maga, or something practical. It's deviated from the army to disable and injure a person asap by using the fastest strikes with arms (weapons) and hand combat.

If that doesnt work. I advice, few years of kickboxing and boxing. Kick boxing due to kicks and boxing for hand works. In real life u don't have gloves to intercept,thus these martial arts are for attack and keep them at distance (against multiple enemies). Furthermore take at least one year in grappling or these kind of MA to go 1 vs 1. (these ma tend to be useless against multiple enemies, therefore striking MA is needed too). If you got time left, then take lessons in kung fu (spear/staff fighting) and some in knife handling (russian combat)
by Fantompje rate this post as useful

Re: simple and effective martial arts for defend 2013/1/21 08:08
There is no edit button, but I want to say that u should only use MA for self-defence. You can heavily injure someone with these kind of attacks. I always recommend to talk first, avoid combat, flee if neccesary because MA doesn't work against guns and knives (unless you are grandmaster Yip Man lol). If that isn't possible, ask for help and if not, prepare yourself on what u have learned.

Goodluck.
by Fantompje rate this post as useful

Re: simple and effective martial arts for defend 2013/1/21 22:58
judo is one of the best martial arts for practical purposes. you learn how to apply real techniques very quickly under actual fight conditions (randori / sparring).

but judo lacks punching, kicking and certain other things like weapons and kinds of joint locks so i recommend you take some time to cross train in other arts as well.

for knife fighting i think that escrima is very good, for striking boxing or muay thai are both fantastic. certain kinds of karate are also fantastic for striking but there are a lot of low quality dojo teaching karate in the world. kyokushin karate is almost universally good but make sure it's a real kyokushin teacher before committing.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread