Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/28 12:59
Hi,

I tried googling but can't seem to get a definite answer. Is there vegetarian or halal ramen shops in Hokkaido? Thank you.
by is2700  

Re: Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/28 13:47
Vegetarian restaurants are rare and halal restaurants are virtually nonexistant. Combine that with the fact that pork stock forms the base of most ramen soups means its highly unlikely that you'll find what you're looking for in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/28 15:17
Halal or vegetarian ramen? That's an oxymoron. Such things don't exist. It's like saying you want a vegetarian fried chicken.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Re: Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/28 15:36
Haha, well in principle raman can be both halal and/or vegetarian and there are indeed restaurants that serve it that way. Just not many in Japan considering there really is no market for it.

Also, I did some searches and couldn't find a listing for vegetarian or halal ramen in Hokkaido. There are vegetarian or halal restaurants, but none came up that served ramen.

btw, vegetarian fried chicken... its already a thing.

https://www.google.com/#q=vegetarian%20fried%20chicken&fp=1&bav=on.2,o...

Re: Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/29 11:55
There's a vegan ramen restaurant in Tokyo: http://vegouttokyo.blogspot.sg/2011/06/ts-tan-tan-vegan-ramen-in-tokyo... so was just wondering if there's one in Hokkaido.

Thanks for the help.
by is2700 rate this post as useful

Re: Halal or Vegetarian Ramen in Hokkaido 2013/1/29 12:53
Yea, I came across that but wasn't able to find anything equivalent in Hokkaido. Maybe someone else will have better luck searching.

reply to this thread