Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/3 06:27
I'm coming to Japan in April and it'll be my first time.
I'm planning to visit Shibuya, Odaiba and explore other areas around Tokyo.

If I go to shopping building in Odaiba and then go to another shopping building in Shibuya, is there a price difference? For example if I visit another Uniqlo or Forever 21, would the prices be the same no matter where I go?
by Jess (guest)  

Re: Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/4 04:11
The short answer is no.

Prices might be different in different stores. However, practically all commodity which are not in sale have the same price tag throughout Japan.
by Tokyo local (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/4 12:06
It depends what you are looking for. Akihabara is known for technology, but there are other places. For textiles, you may try going to Nippori Station, which is just north or Ueno on the Yamanote loop line, and go to "Fabric Town".

Here is a link to give you a feel:

http://tokyokawaiietc.com/archives/5231

If this looks like it strikes a nerve with your shopping bug, then spend an afternoon here.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/4 19:28
Just to clarify, prices don't vary between stores in the same chain. Something that is 1,990 yen in a Uniqlo in Ueno will be the same price at every other Uniqlo in Japan. Same with Forever 21.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/19 18:02
Just to say that Uniqlo prices are NOT the same in every store. Most items are identically priced but some lines are priced lower in some stores as a special sale item. I have seen the identical shirts for 3999 in one store but available as a special 2999 in other stores. Worth looking around. The main Ginza store is usually the most expensive.
by Jeff (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping cheaper in other areas in Tokyo? 2013/2/19 18:53
omg why have I never heard of Fabric Town before!
by Shandii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread