Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hidden photographic sakura spots (Tokyo) 2013/2/3 23:19
Dear Tokyonites.

I am about to go on my second cherry blossom photo trip to Tokyo. I have been there once before, and three times in Kyoto.

I know all about the most popular spots for cherry blossom photography in Tokyo, but are there any hidden gems that I should be aware of?

Obviously, the flower itself looks the same everywhere, but the key ingredient to a good photo all about the surroundings and backgrounds! Please let me know if you know any "secret / hidden" cherry blossom spot in Tokyo that is great for photography. :)

Shrines, temples, train crossings, back alleys, e.t.c.. Just any nice location with one or many cherry trees.

Big thanks!
by Ricky (guest)  

Re: Hidden photographic sakura spots (Tokyo) 2013/2/4 13:11
I actually like the cemetary north and west of Ueno Park. It is well kept up cemetary, and the cherry blossums add a life/death aspect to the photo.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Hidden photographic sakura spots (Tokyo) 2013/2/4 16:31
Since you haven't listed the places you know, one can only speculate about the places you don't know.

Perhaps Sarue Onishi park
http://rurousha.blogspot.jp/2012/04/sakura-2012-sarue-onshi-park.html
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hidden photographic sakura spots (Tokyo) 2013/2/16 08:04
Thanks for the answers! Much appreciated.

I will have a look on these locations. :)
by Ricky (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread