Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about Japanese Language School 2013/2/11 21:25
To make this short, do i have to go to another japanese language school in japan in order to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), even tho i have completed the entire japanese language course in a japanese language school in my home country(which i have yet to do so :P)?

Extra question: How hard is the JLPT paper?:P (is it about the same standard as a college mother-tongue paper?)
by KageNoArashi  

... 2013/2/11 21:58
The JLPT is a worldwide test so you can take it outside Japan. It is not a requirement that you have attended a Japanese Language School in Japan at all.

I am not from Singapore but a quick search shows this which may be useful for you:-
http://www.jcss.org.sg/exams.htm

How hard is the JLPT paper?:P (is it about the same standard as a college mother-tongue paper?)

There are different levels of JLPT so it really depends which you aim for. There are plenty of resources on the web and books which can assist you in studying for the JLPT. You can also find some past pass rates to give you some indication. I have not taken the JLPT but it seems that the higher levels can be quite difficult without a considerable amount of knowledge/study. I'm sure posters with first-hand experience can elaborate for you.

Good luck!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about Japanese Language School 2013/2/11 22:41
Thank you so much for the info! You said that there is 3 levels to the test, like how will it effect me in japan?

Is it like if i get N1, i might not be able to go to some colleges?
by KageNoArashi rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about Japanese Language School 2013/2/11 23:52
Actually there are 5 levels to the test. 5 being the lowest and 1 being the highest. If you pass N1 then you're at the highest proficiency.

As for difficulty, if you know the material then it's not hard. There are study books for each test and if you study from them and practice you should be fine. In my opinion, the listening can be the hardest if you aren't paying close enough attention to what is being said on the tape since they only play it once.
by xbutterxcupx rate this post as useful

reply to this thread