Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 6: Posts 1 - 20 of 117

1 2 3 4 5 6
next

i can't email to docomo.ne.jp 2006/8/14 16:12
i want to send email to (xxxxx@docomo.ne.jp) janan email address, but don't know why it return to me, can't send it , how can i fix it , thanks
by miranda  

Docomo 2006/8/14 18:14
Miranda,

Without seeing the message you received by return, it is difficult to say for sure, but it is most likely that the owner has set their phone to reject emails from certain domains or from all non-mobile phone addresses. You will have to check with the person you are trying to send an email to.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2006/8/15 06:24
Another possible reason is that the email address may be somewhat inappropriate.

* it has consecutive periods, e.g. john..smith@docomo.ne.jp
* it has one or more periods immediately before @, e.g. john.smith.@docomo.ne.jp

These email addresses are not conforming to the Internet standard, but DoCoMo allows users to create such one.
Some strict mail programs / mobile phones may refuse to send email to such an address.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

? 2006/8/15 09:36
but the email address is only (tel phone no.@docomo.ne.jp), don't know why can't send it,
cos i can't contact my friend, he just give me this email address
by miranda rate this post as useful

Docomo 2006/8/15 09:50
Miranda,

As I wrote in my first post, maybe your friend has his phone set up to reject emails from certain domains.
Another possibility is that as [phone number]@docomo.ne.jp is the default email address when one first buys a phone, it is highly likely that he has since changed it to a proper email address. You could always try phoning the number to contact him.

Maybe ... 2006/8/15 12:48
if u are sending from a hotmail account, you MUST ensure that u r using PLAIN text - not rich !!!
Hope this assists.
T
by Taradale rate this post as useful

??? 2006/10/2 00:51
"Another possible reason is that the email address may be somewhat inappropriate.
* it has consecutive periods, e.g. john..smith@docomo.ne.jp
* it has one or more periods immediately before @, e.g. john.smith.@docomo.ne.jp

These email addresses are not conforming to the Internet standard, but DoCoMo allows users to create such one.
Some strict mail programs / mobile phones may refuse to send email to such an address."

..so then is there any possible way that i send an email to my friend? his email address is:
xx-1111.xxxxx-11-xxxx@docomo.ne.jp

for more info, i have a hotmail account if that helps.

by t.c. rate this post as useful

I have somewhat a reason 2007/1/10 08:00
I have a friend with the same sort of situation. OK, so I figured out that the first 11 numbers are her phone number, they should be like 090-XXXX-XXXX, but with Docomo, they add another 4 numbers afterwards. You can recieve emails from someone from their phone, but it's like 090xxxxxxxx@docomo.ne.jp and if you try to hit reply, it won't let you. You have to put the extra 4 numbers after their phone number. I don't know why they do that.
by Teyna rate this post as useful

To t.c. 2007/1/10 17:51
..so then is there any possible way that i send an email to my friend? his email address is:
xx-1111.xxxxx-11-xxxx@docomo.ne.jp

This address is okay and you should be able to email to it UNLESS he is rejecting email from the Internet (i.e. except email from Japanese phones) to avoid spam.

To Teyna 2007/1/10 17:54
I have a friend with the same sort of situation. OK, so I figured
out that the first 11 numbers are her phone number, they should be like
090-XXXX-XXXX, but with Docomo, they add another 4 numbers afterwards.
You can recieve emails from someone from their phone, but it's like
090xxxxxxxx@docomo.ne.jp and if you try to hit reply, it won't let you.
You have to put the extra 4 numbers after their phone number. I don't
know why they do that.

This is another option DoCoMo offers for their customer to avoid spam.

actually HELP! 2007/2/11 00:37
i also can't send in this email add.. xxxxxxxx@ne.jp

is there something wrong with the address??

my yahoo mail keep returning my msgs. and said there's no such thing as ne.jp... HHHEELLLPPP me! im desperate!
by pepper rate this post as useful

Email address 2007/2/11 11:55
Pepper,

is there something wrong with the address??

Yes.

my yahoo mail keep returning my msgs. and said there's no such thing as ne.jp...

Therein lies the answer to your question.
You'll have to check that you wrote down the email address correctly or double-check with the owner.

advice 2007/2/11 12:37
My solution to this has been to first get my friends to send me an email from their docomo.ne.jp account and i just keep replying to same email...seems to work.

Otherwise try a generic free online email service like hotmail...i send to docomo.ne.jp from hotmail ok.
by Kate rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/11 13:16
I cant send an email to XXXXX@ezweb.ne.jp using hotmail.

I have all plain text, but I keep on getting the delivery failed e-mail back.

Anyone know why??
by .. rate this post as useful

Email problems 2007/2/11 13:56
Belinda wrote:

I cant send an email to XXXXX@ezweb.ne.jp using hotmail.
I have all plain text, but I keep on getting the delivery failed e-mail back.
Anyone know why??

There are several possible reasons...
1. The "XXXXX@ezweb.ne.jp" is not a valid address (e.g. the user has changed his/her email address).
2. The user has set his/her phone to block all email from accounts other than Japanese mobile phones.

Help 2007/2/13 22:27
Im trying to send to XXX..@docomo.ne.jp I have tried several email programs, but they dont let me send. how should I do? is there an email program that allows you to send to adresses with two periods(..)?? please help me,
by Mati rate this post as useful

my friend's e-mail doesnt make sense 2007/3/3 06:35
her e-mail has THREE periods, yet somehow I think I was able to e-mail her. I never got a reply even though I e-mailed her about a week ago, yet my e-mail didn't get returned.

does anybody know exactly whats going on? I use yahoo! mail, by the way.
by josh rate this post as useful

I had the same problem 2007/4/1 19:05
i have had the same problem.
i used to message my japanese friend who had a docomo email adress, and it worked fine. then it just stopped working, and the emails were sent back to me telling me they didnt work. i kept trying and then it worked again, i think they have to register to the emails that u send too. i think they can choose to accept or decline emails sent from your address
by daniel rate this post as useful

5 2007/4/24 10:20
i don't have an answer i have a question i can't email it to this person's address a_XXXXXX_XXXXXX...XXXXX@docomo.ne.jp

What's wrong with it? please help.
by Christian rate this post as useful

Already answered 2007/4/24 11:17
Christian,

As already mentioned earlier in this very thread, many docomo users have their phones set to reject emails from addresses other than Japanese mobile phones.
If the person's address contains multiple periods, then that also could cause problems.

Page 1 of 6: Posts 1 - 20 of 117

1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread