Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 169 of 233: Posts 3361 - 3380 of 4656
prev
1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 233
next

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2012/11/2 11:41
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I happened across this as I googled the name of one of my father's friends. An old timer from the Yokohama North Pier. I remember fondly my years in Japan from 67 to 72, living on the bluff and in Yamate Cho and those friends from YoHi.
by Bob S. (guest) rate this post as useful

Another storm ? 2012/11/3 03:26
Steffi:

One report says another "noreaster" storm is headed for the East Coast next Tuesday or Wednesday with snow and bitter cold...
by Eric Davis (guest) rate this post as useful

Steffi 2012/11/4 22:34
Ifm worried about you, as you said you are supposed to have surgery, and the New York-New Jersey areas are in such bad shape. We sit here in the Midwest watching the reports coming in about millions being without food, water and heat, and we feel badly for them, but donft know what we can do other than contribute to the Red Cross and Salvation Army. And, we are praying for you all nonstop. Please keep us informed as to how you and your family are doing.
by Wally (guest) rate this post as useful

Bob S. 2012/11/4 22:45
How old were you back then? I was in the Army at Kishine Barracks, Yokohama, 1967-68, and used to see little American kids running around the PX area, and I imagined that you were all having the times of your life. I had a great childhood, but I bet it couldnft compare with the things you got to see and experience.

we're okay... 2012/11/5 22:47
Thanks Eric and Wally for your concern....we are among the lucky in that we have a warm home with electricity and everything working...but others are in heartbreaking circumstances as you know, and there is still very limited access to gasoline..

I am about to head downtown for a pre-op at Hosp of Spec Surgery, and surgery scheduled for Thursday. I have no idea how to get down there, except by trying to take an express bus a couple of hours early. Since i can't walk well, or sit without pain, it will be a challenge..and the noreaster is coming...the hotels are packed so there's no way to stay downtown...will keep you informed...

Hope everyone else is well. Peter's back in NH, packed into multiple layering, since it is also no cold in the east...but he's fine.

by Steffi (guest) rate this post as useful

Sandy Update 2012/11/6 00:35
Sorry I never checked in after the storm. We were fine but four of our kids lost power. One of my sons-in-law just got home from Afghanistan. The down side is that he and my daughter are moving to Ft. Hood, TX.
Steffi-san - Glad to hear you are OK. My daughter in Wayne, NJ was without power for six days and I know some people in NJ & PA who still don't have it back. Good luck on your surgery.
Peter-san - Stay warm.
Kaoru-san - Great links. Arigato! They all lead to more great stuff.
by Dave-san (guest) rate this post as useful

Dave-san 2012/11/7 00:57
I was TDY to Fort Hood and it is a nice post, except that they shoot that damn cannon off at 5:30 a.m. every morning, and I just wasnft able to sleep through that!

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2012/11/7 03:51
Wally-san
That "cannon" in your head.

Your sure that wasn't a hangover ?

Just back from Key West, palm trees, tall cool drinks, bingo at poolside..heaven...

Here in NH.. 29 degrees..cold..acres of leaves to rake, people snippy....
and a nor'easter comming with ice and snow...Whats wrong with me ?

[ ok Wally..this is your straight line..dazzle me..]

by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2012/11/9 06:10
November 8, 2012

Hi all involved! Just came across this while
looking up yet another name. Is this what we
do now? I lived at 394-A Bayview in the early
70's with my newly single dad. Moved off base
to Kamakura after that. Had the time of my life
during my early teen's!! Re-visiting is on my
"dream" bucket list! Does anyone remember the
little store called Swinging Alley? (talk about
who wore it best)!!
by Freda F. (guest) rate this post as useful

news from NY 2012/11/9 09:21
guys..7pm est
just spoke to Steffis husband. Steffi had her hip surgery today and is in the recovery room and doing very well. Probably will be home by Sunday. Word is that it went like a "peice of cake". Thought you would like to know.

Welcome Freda F.

Re: News From NY 2012/11/9 14:37
Peter-san - Thanks for the update on Steffi-san. Hope you are keeping warm in NH.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2012/11/9 22:07
dave-san
three years ago [has it been that long ?
I had a 6 way by-pass since then my system flipped and so the cold effects me regardless of clothing ect. I used to be able to work outside in 20 degree weather all day in short sleeves..not now. So, staying warm in a challenge. I should probably move from NH which has been my home for 45 years. such is life.
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Steffi update 2012/11/10 07:34
our girlfriend is doing "ok" but having some
pain med issues. She is going to be offered a laptop in the hospital, so she may be back with us very soon.

another Steffi update 2012/11/11 01:12
Me again, I spoke to Steffi this morning in her hospital room. She sounds good but a little tired. She had nausea from the pain meds but that is mostly passed now. She is conserving her walking, and uses a walker when she does, the hip does not hurt, remarkably.
She has her laptop now but probably isn't much up to it at the present time, so i expect that we will here from her in the next day or so.
All reasonably good, we are thankful.

Steffi 2012/11/13 05:08
Prayers for a timely and complete recovery.
by Lori (guest) rate this post as useful

another Nor'easter ? 2012/11/14 02:09
There is a new prediction of an East Coast storm just before Thanksgiving.
Hope it's a bad call by the weatherman...
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

hi everyone.... 2012/11/14 11:06
Thank you so much for your good wishes - the surgery on Thursday went very well. There was practically no pain. As Peter mentioned I have some lingering issues from all the meds, such as nausea, lightheadedness, an itchy rash, etc.

But I am happily back home as of today, able to walk, sit and move about gingerly. It's nice to sleep without being wakened at 1:30 am to have blood pressure checked, and then again at 5 am when blood gets taken, and then again at 6 for breakfast, and 7 for some physical therapy....

So I am seriously sleep deprived and am catching up..

Hope everyone's well...
by Steffi (guest) rate this post as useful

Welcome back Steffi 2012/11/14 15:16
Great to know that everything went and you are back home.

Steffi . . . 2012/11/17 17:13
Glad to hear about the successful outcome of your surgery. Welcome back!

I'm including a link to some really dramatic pictures showing Hurricane Sandy's wrath: I had no idea that the storm was so damaging:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2225112/Superstorm-Sandy-Death...

On a more cheerful note, happy Thanksgiving holiday to all!
by Barbara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2012/11/19 14:43
I was stationed in Yokohama 1969-71 and worked at the Terminal Navy Post Office. I taught English classes at the Yokahama YMCA and made many Japanese friends through these classes. They invited me to their homes, went skiing with them, and climbed Mt. Fuji. We also went to Expo 70 in Osaka, Kamakura, and took the Bullet Train to Kyoto.
SteveL.
by steve Lussier (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 169 of 233: Posts 3361 - 3380 of 4656
prev
1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 233
next

reply to this thread