Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 45
prev
1 2 3
next

Toyoko Inn 2004/11/2 01:04
I stayed at the Toyoko Inn last Christmas and it was a pleasant experience. The place was clean but do ask for non-smoking rooms if you are not a smoker coz the smoking rooms do smell a bit. I have stayed in another similar business hotel in the area before and twice at Kimi Ryokan. I like Toyoko Inn the best and I would recommend it to everyone. However, they are closing down starting Jan 9. Someone also mentioned that Toyoko Inn group has recently acquired another hotel in Ikebukuro. I was told that I will be able to make reservations at the new hotel sometime late November. Does anyone know where this hotel is and whether it is close to the JR like the Ikebukuro Jr that is closing down?
by kitty_san rate this post as useful

more info needed 2004/11/2 01:20
Thanks for the reply.
Can you tell me where did you get the info about the closing down of Toyoko Inn at Ike? Any particular reason for its closure?
Is it still " safe" to stay there in mid Nov?
Thanks
by To : Kitty_San rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2004/11/2 18:58
I emailed them and requested a room in late Jan. That's how I found out they are closing. They didn't explain the details. You can always email them to ask questions. Go to their website for more information.
by kitty_san rate this post as useful

Email address for Toyoko Inn Ike 2004/11/3 00:03
Hi Kitty_San,
Thanks.
I called directly to book the hotel. Actually asked the person to email me the confirmation but according to her there is no email address.
Is there any way to give me their email address.
Thank you
by cocoa rate this post as useful

Tokoyo Inn Jr - Ikebukuro 2004/11/4 04:32
Hi Kitty San,

I checked the Toyoko Inn website and they have a new hotel opening in Ikebukuro on 17th January 2005. It is listed as "Ikebukuro Kita-guchi No,1". No further details are given. I am suprised that the Tokoyo Jr is closing, as it was only opened just over two years ago.

by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Pls help 2004/11/4 16:20
Hi to All,
I just called the hotel on my reservation.
Would like to know why are they closing the existing one.
The receptionist doesn't understand much English to explain the reason to me.
Just don't feel good about staying at a hotel that is closing soon.
Hope there it is not due to any building problem etc
Can any kind soul pls help me to find out?
Thank you

Best way to book for IKE hotels? 2004/11/15 05:45
Hello,
I read with great interest the postings for these hotels in IKEBUKURO, as I would like to find a place to stay there in early December. Has anyone tried the new Toyoko Inn hotel that was supposed to open in Nov, yet? Or been past there?

Also, how did you folks book your rooms for either the toyoko or other hotels? Can you please send link to the website?? I am a little worried about using my credit card over one of these websites if I'm not sure they are legitimate. I would VERY much appreciate if someone who has booked online to one of these IKE hotels could confirm which ones they used and that they had no problems.

Thanks VERY much!
Dave
ds408@yahoo.com
by Dave_from_CA rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2004/11/25 00:58
Hi,
I had stayed in Toyoko Inn for 3 nites and I am pretty happy with the size of hotel room compared to Metropolitan Crown Plaza, Narita U-City standard.
You can call them direct to book a room like what I did. You can also try booking on line with your passport number too.

toyoko inn Ikebukuro 2008/3/28 20:48
Could someone tell me which is the newer hotel?
Ikebukuro 1 or Ikebukuro 2.
by giraffez rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 05:23
Strangly, it is Ikebukuro 2 ;-)
It opened for business on 31.10.2007.

Ike#2 2008/3/29 08:04
Thanks, why is it strange and where did you get 31.10.2007 from?

. 2008/3/29 09:11
"Strangely" was meant to be pointing out the obvious in a humourous way, hence the ;-) emoticon. Hotel Number 2 coming after hotel number 1.

The date of opening is on their web site.

. 2008/3/29 09:15
Both hotels are within walking distance of each other, Toyoko Inn Ikebukuro 1 is right around the corner and down the street a bit.

Even though number 2 is newer, number 1 is still a pretty "new" hotel itself.
by John rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/29 21:03
thanks

sorry, didn't pick up the sarcasm. #2 on their website appears to be the "old" hotel hence the confusion.

bed size 2008/3/29 21:05
Could you also tell me how big a double bed is. The twin beds are booked out for the duration I want. Is double bed a comfortable size for two people?

Not skinny but not overweight either. :)

. 2008/3/29 23:52
With regard to the age of Ikebukuro Kita-guchi 2, if you mean that it is numbered 00007, they seem to have used a number from one of their earlier hotels in Yokohama that closed down. I have no idea why they did this. The Kita-guchi 2 location was originally a hotel they bought in 2002 and operated it under the Toyoko Inn Jr brand. They closed this location in 2005 when they opened Kita-guchi 1 and gutted the building. It has now been completely rebuild to fit the Toyoko Inn model.

As for the size of a double bed, these are made for two people. I don't know what your situation is, but the only problem might be that I believe it is still Toyoko Inn policy to not allow two people of the same sex to occupy a double room.

hotel 2008/3/30 08:06
I made a booking already online and it didn't decline my reservation. Does that mean I'm okay? I don't want to arrive and find that i have to camp out on the streets. :)
There is a shower/bathroom in all toyoko hotels right?

I thought the policy was for 2 males sharing the same bed.... 2 females is ok

number 2 2008/3/30 08:09
Rob, I too am planning to stay in the ike hotels. When you say they gutted number 2, do you mean they demolished it and rebuilt it or just stripped the internal and renovated?
by Jimstar rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/30 08:14
I had friends stay at the Ikebukuro 2 the other month. Inside it looks brand new, typical Toyoko-Inn style. No worries if you were imagining a rundown hotel.

The Ikebukuro 1 which I stayed in before was also new. Nothing wrong with either.

. 2008/3/30 08:15
giraffez, if you made a reservation online, did you receive a confirmation email? It should have things like your reservation number etc.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 45
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread