Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Re: Is Streetfood safe? 2014/11/13 17:27
As such street foods are safe in Japan because their are very less street food stalls are available. In Japan there are various restaurants are opened for round clock. Specially Sushi restaurants, which are very popular all over the world.
by jackyreacher rate this post as useful

Re: Is Streetfood safe? 2014/11/14 08:08
Streetfood in Japan indeed is mostly a festival thing, although you might see a stall or two in some parks during the weekends.

The last two summers I've visited Hokkaido and the Tohoku area mostly for matsuri, which meant that on many days I relied mostly on food stalls. And I like to try about everything, even if I don't have a clue what it is. Nevertheless, I didn't get sick even once.

Even while hygiene might be a bit less than the usual (rather extreme) Japanese standards, it's still pretty good compared to most parts of the world. And it's all about keeping the uncooked food cooled, and selling the cooked stuff quickly.

And for what it's worth, so far I also survived the radiation at Haranomachi, not that far from the no-entry zone.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread