Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 9: Posts 21 - 40 of 166
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/7/28 18:07
Whoops, I wrote the price wrong for the 21 year hibiki in my earlier post. Checked my cc and it was more like 16500 yen like the last poster mentioned.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/8/16 00:21
Just to bump this thread, the store recommendation is a solid choice, and very easy to find (Google the name and Maps takes you right there).

As of 15 August there was Yamazaki and Hakushu entry level, Hakushu 12 year old, Suntory Pure Malt 12 year old, Yamazaki 18 year old and Yamazaki 25 year old. There was also the full range of Hibiki. I could not find any Yamazaki 12 year old, and when I asked the guy he produced the Suntory Pure Malt 12 year old (the Yamazaki distillery itself was out of 70cl bottles of the 12 year fortnight ago, so there may be a wait on this bad boy).

There are a LOT of whisky brands there, including new products in familiar brands. Highly worth a visit if you are a whisky fan. Try Ginza on the weekend - the main street is closed to traffic and it's very peaceful and bohemian.
by Ev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/8/18 09:03
The story about Masataka Taketsuru on Massan (NHK) last Aprilhas had a huge impact on availability of Suntory & Nikka whiskey.

It seems that until that point, not many Japanese knew that some Japanese whiskies were beating Scotch whiskey in international competitions.

What it means is that age labeled Suntory & Nikka whiskey is becoming harder and harder to find. So for the time being, Japanese Suntory & Nikka whiskey will only be available without an age tag. That means that no more readily available 12, 18 and 25yo Yamazaki or Hakushu, no 12, 17, 21 and 30yo Hibiki, no 10, 12, 15, and 20 Miyagikyo or Yoichi, and no 17, 21 and 25yo Taketsuru.

If you do find some, you'd better grab it now!!
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/9/9 19:01
Hi Ev,

Can I check which store are you talking about?

Are you talking about Takashinaya or Liquors Hasegawa?

Cheers,
Iggy
by Iggy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/9/10 21:19
In recur shop
by KENTA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/10/25 00:29
Just to add my 2 cents here. And bump this thread back up. Liquors Hasegawa is not a good place to buy Japanese Whisky anymore, unless you want to be overcharged for many things you can find elsewhere cheaper. I was there in August and just now in October, and they've jacked up the Japanese Whisky prices another 10%.
The best places for cheaper Japanese whisky right now are Bic Camera and Shinanoya.

For example.

Yamazaki 12: 7800 Yen (Bic Camera), 9300 Yen (Hasegawa)
Hakushu 18: 24,000 Yen (Bic Camera), 34,000 Yen (Hasegawa)
Yamazaki 18: 24,000 Yen (Bic Camera), 39,000 Yen (Hasegawa)

Hasegawa was also charging 22,000 Yen for the Yamazaki 2015 limited edition, but right next door at Daimaru in Tokyo Station, they were selling it for 11,000 Yen.

Liquors Hasegawa is only good for one thing, and that's finding very old and rare Japanese whiskies (like the Hibiki 30, or Yamazaki Puncheon), just be prepared to pay way through the nose for such items, they don't come cheap.
by METAMAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/10/26 14:24
We went on a shopping spree in one of the large Depaatos in Shibuya, Midsukoshi I believe. There in the food sub-basement (heaven) right across from the $65 cantaloupes and the world's best cheese displays was an enclosed area presided over by an impeccably dressed middle-aged gent who was happy to show us around his domain: fine whiskeys of the world and fine cigars. (Seventh heaven.) We were shown the smaller bottle of Yamazaki which I believe is around 500 ml (roughly a pint + ) and the price according to my account book was Y4995 or $45ish. This present was the hit of the morning that Christmas, 2013.
by johnnyman rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/8 18:20
Hi,
I'm traveling to Tokyo this weekend... I'm interested to get a Yamazaki 18 years and Hibiki 12 years. Based on the above response, will there be stock in Bic Camera or Shinanoya? Can I confirm that these are the places that will sell a good range of Japanese whisky?
1. Bic Camera
2. Shinanoya
3. Hasegawa
4. Takashimaya
5. Isetan

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Cheers,
Kester
by maxmiles rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/9 17:41
If it's any help,

Bic Camera (the one near Tokyo station), doesn't have the Yamazaki 18 in stock at the moment.

Liquor hasegawa has it.
by Alextan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/10 02:54
Just a little heads up,

For the Yamazaki 18 years,
1. Bic Camera (no stock as of 11th december)
2. Shinanoya(no stock as of 11th december)
3. Hasegawa(limited quantity, but horribly overpriced, limited to 1 bottle per person)
4. Takashimaya (no stock as of 11th december)
5. Isetan (no stock as of 11th december)

I checked with the local bartender in a cocktail bar in ginza, there is a supply problem with Yamazaki series right now, especially 18years and above.

Same goes for the hakushu, 18 years and above.

As a bartender myself, i would recommend getting your hands on any bottle of japanese whiskey that still have the years printed on it. In a few years, japanese whiskey would not have any more years printed on the bottle labeling itself as the current supply cannot meet with the current demand, regardless of brand. Macallan whiskeys are going down the same path way.

So in the near future, you're going to buy 5 year old whiskeys at the current pricing 12 year old etc.

Hope this helps!
by Alex Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/10 15:30
Anyone seen any Hibiki 21 lately in any shops in the major cities?. If so what was the price approx?
by beer in underpants (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/10 21:24
Hi Alex Tan,
Thanks for your info. U mentioned as of 11th Dec? Did u mean 11th Oct?
Anyone know any place other than the above to find Japanese whisky? Thanks!

Cheers,
Kester

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/10 23:44
Hi Alex Tan,
Thanks for your info. U mentioned as of 11th Dec? Did u mean 11th Oct?
Anyone know any place other than the above to find Japanese whisky? Thanks!

Cheers,
Kester

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/11 02:42
Hi max,

I meant november. Sorry for the typo.

I'm afraid i do not know of other shops selling it. The locals here also have a hard time finding it.

As for the dude who's looking for hibiki 21, most places still carries it. Hibiki 30 will be the hard one to look for.

by alex tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/11 21:19
Hi Folks,

I just came back from a 2 week trip in Japan. I can tell you this. I found one Yamazaki 18 Whiskey in Japan at a somewhat reasonable price 27,900 yen (cash only) and that was in Ebisu at Kinokuniya liquors. Every place else was out of stock. EXCEPT Narita Duty Free in Terminal 1, where they were selling the travel exclusive version of the Yamazaki 18 (that's just Yama 18 in a prettier bottle) for 50,000 Yen. They also had Hibiki 17, 21, and 30 year old for ridiculous prices (because they were travel editions). Not worth it.

Shinanoya was selling Ichiro's Malt Double Distilleries (Large and small bottles) and had plenty of good stock as well as the Taketsuru 17 & 21. Bic Camera also had stock on Taketsuru, but not much else of worth (except a Yamazaki 12, and Hakushu 18 I found in Shibuya)

The department stores didn't have much and when they did have something it was more expensive that Shinanoya or Bic Camera.
by GlobalTravelR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/12 23:53
Hi GlobalTravelR,

I'll be traveling to Tokyo tomorrow. Based on your experience, where is most likely I can find Yamazaki, Hibiki and Hakushu?

Thanks,
Kester

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/16 22:14
I was in tokyo 2 weeks ago and I was able to purchase the yamazaki 12 (8,500 yen) and yamazaki 18 ( 27,000 yen) at Tokyu Plaza . Shibuya crossing branch. TIP : the limited bottles were not on display. I had to ask the sales lady to check the storeroom. This is the door beside the display of whisky.. After paying, go up to the upper floors for the tax rebate..good luck.. You have to be persistent in asking what's behind the door.
by Vittorio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/17 01:40
hi Kester,

Any of the stores mentioned above are your best bet. But it's a crap shoot. Sometimes they'll have it and sometimes they won't. If you want overpriced certainty then it's either liquors Hasegawa or Narita duty free.

Good luck.
by GlobalTravelR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/24 08:53
Hi Vittorio,

Just came back from Tokyo... Managed to get Yamazaki 12 and 18. I guess I bought the 18 at a little premier price at 32000yen. But I could not find any every where I went... Every where is out of stock for the 12 and 18.
Are u referring to Tokyo Plaza the hotel at shibuya? Or is it a department store ? Might be going to Tokyo in April again.
Thanks.

Re: Where to buy Yamazaki Single Malt Whiskey 2015/11/24 16:54
Hi Maxmile,
Where did you manage to get the yamasaki 18?
I would like to get it this sunday.

Do the shop have the hibiki21?
or any idea where have stock?

Thank you
by AL (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 9: Posts 21 - 40 of 166
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

reply to this thread